Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, and was wandering if I need to do anything to make my car faster than my cousin's. He keeps talking about how fast his car is and I've always known people call civics ricers! He has a 94 civic with cai and dual exhaust, and he wouldn't tell me if his headers were shortys or lt. I have an 02 v6 vert with cai, true dual exhaust, and long tube headers. Do I need to do anything else to beat him? I'm trying to spend the money on making it look better now.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Dual exhaust on a 94 Civic is a joke. If anything he is losing torque by doing that. It shouldn't be much of a contest. What year is your car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2002 and its convertible which I know adds weight.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I cant help but laugh my ars off whenever I hear say fast & honda in the same sentence!!!! I've seen 1 that dynoed 600hp & it couldnt get out of the hole to save his nuts. They dont build any low end & because of that they want to go from a gay ars roll & that is for sissys. If you cant go from a dig then you should have had a v8!!!!:yup: P.S thats not a knock on your 6, ther is potential there!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Depends on the motor. A 94 Civic with a B16 or better will probably hand you your ass.

Bag on the Hondas all you want, but they can be fast. Try racing one with a K20 or K24 motor swap, you better have a blower or a stroker under the hood unless you want to get beat.

·
Registered
540 Posts
You ever watch that little show Pinks? That pumk ars kid w/ a built honda needed 20 lenghts!!!! Who in any part of reality call that a race?!! He still would have lost. They even took off the front bumper on sight to put on some wide slicks. Build as much power as you possibly can w/ front wheel drive & show me a time slip w/ a 1.16 60'. Thats not that hard to do w/ rear wheel drive , so like I said fast? Maybe quick, but a FAR cry from fast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He's the one calling it fast..I haven't seen it in any action yet. He said its a civic ex if that tells you anything else. I just bought mine bc its the best lookin one imo! It came with 20s on it.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
those 20's will really slow you down! and unless you're recalibrated, your speedo should be off by like 12-14 mph at 60. youll actually be traveling 72-74 mph.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We've had the speed checked and its right..I think anything biggeruhan 20s are ghetto but I just like the way it looks. Everyone has their preferance!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Plus the 20's mean lower profile tires which helps kill traction. Tell the boy w/ the honda fast & furious was like 20 years ago. @ least youve got an american car.:gringreen

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
You ever watch that little show Pinks? That pumk ars kid w/ a built honda needed 20 lenghts!!!! Who in any part of reality call that a race?!! He still would have lost. They even took off the front bumper on sight to put on some wide slicks. Build as much power as you possibly can w/ front wheel drive & show me a time slip w/ a 1.16 60'. Thats not that hard to do w/ rear wheel drive , so like I said fast? Maybe quick, but a FAR cry from fast.
Like I said, talk all you want, but when you get a guy that has one set up right, you better bring your A-game. I am by no means pro-Honda, but you always want to know what your competition is doing. Out here in Phoenix we have fast everything. I've seen many a Mustang take down some "fast" cars, but I have seen just as many Hondas take down the big dogs as well.

Oh and your 1.16 60 ft. time does not come easy and is by no means common for a street car. 10 and 9 second cars don't pull 60 ft times like that and 11 and 12 sec. cars sure as hell don't either.

Pinks is entertainment BS, if thats what you think of guys that build Hondas, you need to get out more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gangster is funny to hear to me! I'm the farthest from ghetto you can get! Haha but this guys car can't be as fast as he's sayin..he bought it used and it was all dented up and didn't have a hood! How much is a fair price to have the 4.10 gears installed? Or would a tuner be a better buy?

·
Registered
721 Posts
hmm 4:10's first, around 300-500 for install and get a t-lok when you have the gears installed. then tuner to calerbrate your speedometer

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I got beat by a cammed accord (9X's model i think) with an intake by half a car in the quarter, he has little 16X7 rims on it compared to my 17X9 cobras and at the time I had ~90# of speakers in my trunk, he had a manual and is one hell of a driver I have an auto as this is my daily beater in the city, all that in his favor and he still only did half a car.... with your big 20's it will be close since they are so heavy, but it should still be in your favor as it is, get a tuner with a higher octane race tune and that civic will be the last thing you should worry about

Gears, posi, fluid, bearing kit, labor = ~$700

1 - 20 of 47 Posts