Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Name's Ruben, 31 going on 22. I just bought my bad mambajamba about a month ago on ebay. It's a 99 Cobra with the following mods: K&N Cold Air Intake, x-pipe w/ Magnaflows, pulleys, tri-ax quick shift, steeda springs, and the all important 4.10 gears. I absolutely love this car!! Only paid $15k, too. 26000 original miles, I could go on an on.... I'll post pictures soon!!
Anyway my buddy at work has an 06 Dodge Magnum SRT-8. He just upgraded from an 05 Magnum R10 (i think that what it was called). Anyway, his SRT-8 is pretty dang fast, as he's taken me for a ride in it. Stock for stock, I think he's got me beat by a tenth on Car & Driver. But then again, I'm not exactly stock anymore, and we (the drivers) aren't exactly pros. He's got that automatic (manual shift point if wanted) thing, so all he has to do is step on it and keep it between the lines.
We are supposed to race at some point, but he wants to get a few more miles on his car before he's ready. Anyone want to chime in with your thoughts. I'd hate to lose to a station wagon, LOL!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
You can take him since your a stick and can get moving out the hole better. As long as it is not a Charger SRT8 you will be ok. I seen a Charger SRT8 run a [email protected] 107mph and he let me see his 60' which was a crappy 2.21. I have driven the Magnum SRT-8 and it is heavy and if Dodge would pitch the automatic out the door and give these cars the T-56 like the Viper they would have a larger following thats for sure.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Showed my buddy the thread. He says that his Magnum is just as fast as the Charger. He says he's only 150#'s heavier, and that he'll take me cuz I'll be spinning my wheels as he goes bye-bye.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
speedytang said:
You can take him since your a stick and can get moving out the hole better. As long as it is not a Charger SRT8 you will be ok. I seen a Charger SRT8 run a [email protected] 107mph and he let me see his 60' which was a crappy 2.21. I have driven the Magnum SRT-8 and it is heavy and if Dodge would pitch the automatic out the door and give these cars the T-56 like the Viper they would have a larger following thats for sure.
That Charger was stock?

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's right, I'm talking about the top-o-the-line monster. Not too many around anywhere. I just had lunch with my bud, and I don't think I should race him anymore. That thing is just mean. I'll probably do it for fun anyway. I've already had my baby for a month and I have raced anyone!:sosad:

By the way in my original post I said he upgraded from a Magnum R10. I meant to a say Magnum RT.

·
Registered
491 Posts
the guy is talking about a SRT-8 6.1L Hemi 425hp, not the plain Hemi.
MY bad:worship
Run, Run Far away

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I knew it was badass, but not that badass!! Sounds like a guaranteed loss. I still might do it just to see how bad a loss it would be. I might wanna beat up on something less ambitious for my first race. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just testing my signature... this is only a test.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.