Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have the heads and intake for my pi swap, just need a few odds and ends. i was wondering what you guys think i will get power wise. heres my current lineup. 01 pi heads, that i think will get a very mild port, just to smooth the edges, and possible lower my compression by porting out the combustion chamber a little bit. possibly long tubes and the mandatory shorty h pipe. or i might only get shortys, i dont know how much more my money is going to stretch. and a cai. also, a dyno tune cuz i dont think a tuner will be enough reap the benifits of the swap, not a tuner in my hands anyways.

·
Registered
135 Posts
with the swap, longtubes, cai, o/r shorty h, and tune I would estimate 255-265 whp

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats kinda what i was estimating also, what about torque? and crank power. its an auto by the way

·
Registered
135 Posts
figure 3-5% less to the wheels with an auto I'm not sure about torque maybe 290wtq

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
If you don't have a flow bench, AND extensive experience porting 4.6 heads, put the grinder down and step away, especially from the combustion chamber. I've seen waaaaaaaay to many people who said:

"I ported my own heads on my small block Ford, and they were awesome"

Those are the people who turn 4.6 heads into boat anchors or door stops. These heads are very picky about changes, and the least bit taken out of the wrong place can put you down a few horsepower from stock heads. I've seen people kill every bit of torque from a 4.6 with home ported heads also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.