Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im looking for a classic ford mustang fastback for a daily driver.
What im looking for is a
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Preferably Large V-8
Blue with white racing stripes
Manual 5 speed transmission
And then the rest of this i can get just the parts and i know a guy that could do install for free.
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Power Locks
Kill Switch (hidden – lowers insurance and prevents theft)
Modern Stereo (either hidden or with a classic looking facia)
Keyless entry and alarm (hidden)

Is there anychance i could get this for under $15,000?
Im not looking for show quality just minimal rust.
Is this possible?
Does anyone out there have anything like this?
Im not some kid that is going to ruin it. i truly do appreciate the power and responsability that goes along with this car but i need a new car and i would prefer to get something i want than just settle for something.

Thanks in advance

-Ryan

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I can't stop laughing you'll be lucky to get a 67/68 fastback that runs for 15 grand and it will be a small block or inline 6.Define a large v8 302 351 428 or bigger.Only 5 speed i know of worth using is a t5 out of a newer mustang thats about 5 grand alone for the swap.They do sell a radio bezel for the 67/68 thats din size so you can use any normal new head unit out there.You may spend that 15 grand on the car its self then another 5 to 15 to get it your way.Everything you listed they sell kits for there easy bolt ons.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not too big
somewhere around a 302
A 5spd is that much?
I didnt think it was gonna be that much
So say a 302 and then a 4 spd?
any chance?
All install on stuff would be free just part cost.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Price of the car depends on what engine it came with and whats in it now.Your looking 8k for a rusted out shell of a fastback 10 for a ok one 15 will get you a driveable one in most places.My price on the t5 swap was a little high Modern Driveline - Full T5 Conversions for Mustangs and Cougars 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973 or 5 Speed Conversions but your still paying shipping and maybe labor to put it in.Place to find a fastback your local mustang club craigslist.org Collector Car Trader :: Buy and Sell Antique Cars, Classic Cars, Muscle Cars even ebay but never buy a car off ebay with out seeing it yourself.

G

·
Hey Mustangturner... unfortunately the 67/68 FBs are pretty heavily sought after right now. We're still reeling from the Eleanor and Bullitt craze. Deals do exist so just keep you eyes and ears open.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
It's going to be tough in that price range, but deals can be had some days. If you are not in a hurry, you will be able to find something you like.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone out there knows of a deal like this please let me know.
Im a good kid who is responsable on the road.
Does anyone out there know of any Michigan / metro detroit Mustang clubs?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Check the links i gave you daily you'll find one just not over night so take your time.Dynacorn does make a 67/68 fastback shell only for 15k or just get you a mustang coupe there cheaper and still a mustang and a lot can be done to it.Only cheap fastbacks are the 71-73 and those are starting to shoot up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks
If anyone out there knows about any deals or anything then please let me know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Only 5 speed i know of worth using is a t5 out of a newer mustang thats about 5 grand alone for the swap.quote]

You can get a T-5 from dallas mustang for 1500 every thing drop it in ready to go

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I've priced a T5 swap at $800 or so with some jerry-rigging and home-made parts. And assuming that a t5 from a junker costs about $70.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.