Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to go and do my emissions test today most likely and my muffler is disconnected but it LOOKS like its there, is there anyway i can pass without connecting it? I just dont feel like connecting the thing and disconnecting right after, not to mention when its connected it melts my bumper :frustrated::madas:

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Don't know about the emissions without a muffler. Where is you muffler mounted to melt you bumper cover???

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Well the only thing mufflers do is muffle the sound. So unless a emissions check can ding you for surpassing the legal sound limits, I don't see why not. Maybe call the people you're doing it with and see if it's okay(PS don't tell them who you are)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm ok i'll try it

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have to go and do my emissions test today most likely and my muffler is disconnected but it LOOKS like its there, is there anyway i can pass without connecting it? I just dont feel like connecting the thing and disconnecting right after, not to mention when its connected it melts my bumper :frustrated::madas:
It depends on your state. In NJ they check sound level (or at least they used to). I have never had a problem with my cars but I was warned that my bike was at the legal sound limit.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it passed, emissions is a joke, i paid and they did the obd II thing and then i left :D

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
it passed, emissions is a joke, i paid and they did the obd II thing and then i left :D
so did you go to the DMV or a gas station?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Did they check with mirrors? I'm going in with no cats, and no mufflers.

·
Registered
810 Posts
lol, your probably at capitol right now. I'm a no show again. My rear is still in the shop.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im leaving for capitol now, anyway you can go up and watch with another car?

lemme kno quick, and they didnt check anything at all, didnt even go under the car, i drove up, paid my money, moved up to the next person and they did the obd II test and i passed and left, with no cats i think you will fail because the obd II test will read the o2 sensors and what not but you can try as long as you have awhile to pass, i have until June 11th to pass but i already did it. my dad told me the emissions is a joke because if you go in with no cats you they can waive you every 2 years because it costs more then $100 to fix the problem and if it costs more then $100 to pass emissions it doesn't need to be taken care of that time.

Emissions in general is a joke, we will never put out enough harmful gases to make a real difference, a scientist once put it this way " if you were to think of a 10 story building and the building represented how much air was available to us, we dirty up the equivalent to the linoleum floor that would be on the 1st story. To go along with this, this clearly proves global warming is a joke, we go through a cycle of warm cycles and cold, its proven in their own research, but then again al gore did invent the internet :hihi:

·
Registered
343 Posts
in SC they dont even have emission tests, or inspection tests for that matter. yep, pretty slack if you ask me...

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
CA is pretty strict thats why I am using my military power to get it smogged and reg. at my "HOME OF RECORD" Washington hahah :) love it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Emiss-a-whatty test? Florida is so chill ... I don't even think you need to take a test for a driver's license anymore judging from some of these drivers

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
in SC they dont even have emission tests, or inspection tests for that matter. yep, pretty slack if you ask me...
Thats good to hear, i might be moving there in 2 years, away from the family for school.. and the stang will be going catless :). id be able to buy that damn O/R H pipe ive wanted this whole time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.