Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is getting rid of her 22in wheels and tires (265/35rr22) and she going to sell them to me for cheap ($500 for 4). She's selling them to me for such a cheap price because I helped her move, not because she's dicking me over. However, I don't know if they will fit on my car 'as is'.

My QUESTION IS: Will I be able to put these on my car without some type of body lift or some other type of work that I cannot not afford? Given that my car is the base model everything, you're right to assume I know nothing about Mustangs.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
dont do it...

20's or ok but nothin more

·
Registered
162 Posts
22's would look really weird on a mustang....

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I think it will look really awkward. You could take those rims from her and then sell them and make a profit though...:scratchchin

·
Registered
794 Posts
stick with 20s on you car 20s look mean mine they look stupid so i have 18s

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Would look like a donk. Sell them and buy a set that won't look stupid.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Would look like a donk. Sell them and buy a set that won't look stupid.
ugh i hate those fuckin cars...

we got about 3 or 4 mustangs that are sitting on like 22's :headscratch: were i live

i just give them an ugly stair or laugh :hihi:

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
besides the look, the car will not handle as the camber and caster will be thrown well off spec...

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
besides the look, the car will not handle as the camber and caster will be thrown well off spec...
How does rims and tires throw off suspension specs? Only thing that can do that is improper lowering.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My friend is getting rid of her 22in wheels and tires (265/35rr22) and she going to sell them to me for cheap ($500 for 4). She's selling them to me for such a cheap price because I helped her move, not because she's dicking me over. However, I don't know if they will fit on my car 'as is'.

My QUESTION IS: Will I be able to put these on my car without some type of body lift or some other type of work that I cannot not afford? Given that my car is the base model everything, you're right to assume I know nothing about Mustangs.
The best way to find out is to jack up your stang & try on at least (2) of the new pair of shoes. Try on the front pair & fully extend the steering wheel to the right/left to check for tire rub. I have 20s on mine but sometimes I wish I'd gone with 22s in the rear. But I really wanted staggered wheels instead of 20s up front & 22 in back. Just be mindful that both performance & ride quality will gonna suffer with the larger wheel (especially if they're a heavy material like chrome). Trust me, you are gonna feel every single bump on the road.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
How does rims and tires throw off suspension specs? Only thing that can do that is improper lowering.
actually, putting 22's on your car will raise the ride height by over an inch. when you change ride height, camber changes (increased height will cause positive camber, decreased ride height will cause negative camber).
and anytime camber changes, toe changes as well. caster of course will be all screwed up as well.

bottom line, the car will look and handle like a dump truck; and i would hate to be the tech who has to align a 'stang with 22's on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.