Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys, i baught a 66 mustang hardtop that i baught for 1800$, it has a rebuilt 302 engine in it with 0 miles. the body is in great shape. no rust , some dents but thats all. and i looked under neither, the front frame rails have some rot to them and the floor pans have a hole rusted through them(very small) is it possible to tear it down to bare metal and just plate it with sheet metal and reinforce the frame rails and add some convertible torque boxes, and possible home made frame conectors. im not so into the original brandnew floor pans idea with a complete front end and floor pan swap, im only 18 and im on a very strict budget, and i realy wanna get my car rolling, is it possible to do somethign of the sort? ill upload pictures soon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
okay guys, i baught a 66 mustang hardtop that i baught for 1800$, it has a rebuilt 302 engine in it with 0 miles. the body is in great shape. no rust , some dents but thats all. and i looked under neither, the front frame rails have some rot to them and the floor pans have a hole rusted through them(very small) is it possible to tear it down to bare metal and just plate it with sheet metal and reinforce the frame rails and add some convertible torque boxes, and possible home made frame conectors. im not so into the original brandnew floor pans idea with a complete front end and floor pan swap, im only 18 and im on a very strict budget, and i realy wanna get my car rolling, is it possible to do somethign of the sort? ill upload pictures soon.
Pictures would help. I think what you are talking about is possable, but, the hole in the floor will have to be cut back to good metal before you weld in the patch, so you might as well get a preformed floor patch panel. The front frame rails I think should be replaced, rather than patched, just from a saftey point. The home made sub frame conectors would be fine, as the cars did not have them originally. I am planing on building a pair for my '66 fastback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.