Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have one of those friends that are completely obsessed with...imports, yeah i know...eww. anyways he keeps saying that his nissan 300zx can beat my 98 mustang. i know i can beat him but i just wanna have no doubt in my mind, so heres my setup...

4.6L V8, 5 Speed Manual with Vortech Supercharging System with V2 SQ, roush short throw shifter, flowtech X-Pipe, Flowmaster 40 series Catback Exhaust, Comp 262AH cams,and a Diablo Sport Predator Tuner, and a cobra R Disc Brake Upgrade Kit...gotta stop sometime

i think im pretty darn safe...but theres no way to get those import guys to get it

·
Registered
316 Posts
Er...If it's just some old 300, no problem man...you'll smoke that and many other cars out there. But beware, I have seen some of those 300's put about 800 to the ground:yakyak:

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Turbo?

The 300 was available with twin turbos, and several company are making turbo kits for the cars. If he has a turbo, he could be pretty fast.

·
Registered
150 Posts
im pretty sure that last years of the 300zx the N/A 6 cyl ran low 14s and im not really sure what a stock TT 300zx ran..... he might have a secret weapon

ohh well if he is ur friend it should be a friendly race....
and if you get beat atleast its by your friend and that gives you more reasons to mod up some more :nogrinner

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ohh i just said friend, hes closer to an enemy....x girlfriends new boyfriend. likes to talk alot but never can back it up. and according to him, its a twin turbo. But i still think i can beat him. i can garentee hes gonna pull everything he can, short of running me off the road. oh well, this will probably be posted in the kill section by the weekend haha , thanx guys

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
the 262AH's are PI cams - you running NPI heads or PI heads/intake, etc.? IF NPI, even the PI intake is probably worth 30 HP on your car and an Anderson PowerPipe another 30. A C&L or other plenum easy 10HP also. Would do Powerpipe first, then plenum/TB - they WILL make a difference on a s/charged car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
runnin pi heads & intake...but i did hear about having npi heads and a pi intake, in 5.0 mustang & super fords. i think Livernois motorsports makes adapter plates for it. I think im gonna save up my pennies and get a powerpipe like you said . thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
On an S/C'd car, removing all breathing restrictions return HP. So, the Powerpipe, bigger throttle body, and better-flowing plenum give much better results than on a N/A car.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
id deff say you can eat him up man, from experiance a guy i used to work with has a 93 300zx NA and he was about a car length and 1/2 back after just a short street race (maybe 1/4 mile) and im not blown

·
Registered
316 Posts
meatball said:
On an S/C'd car, removing all breathing restrictions return HP. So, the Powerpipe, bigger throttle body, and better-flowing plenum give much better results than on a N/A car.
Hey, your alternator looks pretty good...:nogrinner

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
spazzyfry123 said:
Hey, your alternator looks pretty good...:nogrinner
- thanks, pia to keep clean w/black dust from belt - definately toothbrush required, but, yes, like look - what if I have strut brace chromed? -- hey, I just started another thread looking for pics of black bullitts on car, can you send me a couple: [email protected] ? - TIA

·
Registered
436 Posts
u should smoke the 300z unless he is turbo....with your S/C, you should make short work of his import.....make sure u embarass him in front of your X girl

·
Registered
251 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but what year is this TT nissan?

My friend has a stock 93 TT 300zx... stock times are in the mid 13's, and believe me, its fast... My mustang can take him though. Top end is a different story, but from a stop its a decent race.

I agree with some of these guys though, obviously the 300zx has a decent aftermarket following, and just swapping out the turbos with aftermarket peices can throw these babies into the 400 pony region with ease... so beware...

My stang is throwing about 340 to the wheels, and I won. So with your set-up, plus a blower, I think you'll be fine. Just find out what hes running under the hood (if anything), and give'r..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah haha, you gotta love it when the persons mouth moves faster than there car....turns out he can barely drive a manual... needless to say i beat him by at least 7-8 car lengths. hes not going to show his face around me. I can only assume he missed a gear or something along the lines of ungodly bad shifting. in the end i was fairly disappointed, i was at least hoping for a decent race. twards the end i got off it and coasted in, i embarrased him enough. so in the long run, skillfull driving is the best mod you can get. :grinroll: but needless to say i felt pretty cool drivng past my x....she gave me the dirtyest look i have ever recieved ahhaha.

no matter hwhat way yuo look at it....that was a kill

·
Registered
436 Posts
hell yeah!!!!:evillol: nice kill....i'm sure it felt pretty damn good.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
congratulation on the kill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.