Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor has been getting to 215* and even went as high as 240*...The bottom end is new. Radiator is very clean all water jakets are free...No sluge in motor..Timing is set at 14* fuel pressure is right on. So I ruled those out as a cause of the possible high temp.I have a 180* thermostat.I have the stock clutch fan which is working and I was wanting to put a pusher fan on the front of the radiator. If I do this will they be working against each other? Or will I have to remove one and keep the other.

·
Registered
359 Posts
For foxbody 5.0s, your best bet is to get an electric fan out of a 3.8 v6 Taurus or a Mark VIII and run them on very high powered relay connected to a switch, or run it on a a DC Control fan controller - Fan Control

And i have always heard that pusher fans don't work on foxbodys. Hope this helped :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I went and got a new water pump.... And 180* T-Stat and lower hose. Drilled 1/8in hole in T-stat and positioned in 12 oclock position. Jacked front of car up and when T-stat opened gave it higher rpms to make sure no air pockets..Radiator was flowing good...I have the stock clutch fan and I installed a dual fan on the front of radiator with wires reversed to make a pusher fan to see what would happen. At idle car only got to 190...As soon as I drive it and get over 45-50mph the temp climbs. Drove car for 30min and was off and on it hard to see what temp would do. Driving down the highway temp got to 230.. Stayed between 225-230 the whole time. Maybe my radiator isnt enough capacity. But the thing is that I have not had temp problems this bad before. Kinda started with the new block...Is has gotten to 215 in the past but never higher then that..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I live in hot azz Florida and got a 3 core raidiator, 160 t-stat and stock fan. Never gets to "H" in my 85. I put an extra fan from a junkyard to come on with the A/C switch so it helps too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts