Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doing the swap, almost done. have the pan and headers. looking at an aftermarket polished alternator bracket on ebay. will it work? I havent found anything for a 351w. thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
I always have used my 5.0 factory stock alternator bracket and serpentine drive stuff on my 351W's.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
I'd like to know how because the 351 is wider, meaning longer brackets are needed.

·
Banned
96 Posts
The passenger side brackets from the 5.0HO can be bolted to the 351w and there are no issues.

On the drivers side, you will want to get the FRPP bracket from Summit or Jegs.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Never seen it done, the 351 is 1.3 inches taller, making the width that much greater and making the brackets longer. Not discounting anybody, but I'd have to see how 302 brackets go onto a 351 with no modifications.

And I'm not by any means always right either. I'd like to know how it's done.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i cant remember alot, i did the swap about 2 years ago, but im only running an alternator and powersteering. the only issue i remember having is having to buy a reverse flow water pump.

and the powersteering bracket was the one that relocated it to the top on the 5.0 for the ac delete.

·
Registered
460 Posts
When i haad a 85 fox that i put a 351 in i used the 302 brackets.

·
Banned
96 Posts
Only bracket that presents an issue is the power steering & A/C... Ford makes a bracket that brings things back inboard though...

The other side bolts on just fine.

If I have time tonight, I'll look for pics...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.