Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1965 6-cylinder Mustang coupe that I am trying to put disc brakes on. After months of digging around the internet I've decided to get this brake kit: A120-4 Mustang SSBC Front Disc Brake Conversion Kit Non-Power 6 Cylinder 1964-1966 | CJ Pony Parts

Now I need new wheels, because I don't like the stock ones. I like the Konig Rewinds that many of you on this forum recommend, but I don't know if they'll work with the brake kit I'm getting. How do I know if the backspace is the right size, etc?

Link to Konig Rewind wheels: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/k...UiQbA54ssaJ_G7vAd5iJYxmohu15Hw4U7zhoC5-3w_wcB

Thank you!

·
Registered
351 Posts
why not buy a 5 lug brake kit, and have a wide selection of wheels?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I put the same brake kit on my wife's '66 .. didn't want to get into spending the money on rear end and everything else necessary .. .I got the Konig Rewinds as well .. love them.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
although I did get her power brakes

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because I don't want to spend the extra money to do the 5 lug conversion and all it entails. It's not necessary either will only 6 cylinders. Surely there has to be a set of wheels that will work

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put the same brake kit on my wife's '66 .. didn't want to get into spending the money on rear end and everything else necessary .. .I got the Konig Rewinds as well .. love them.
You got the same kit I linked to above and used the Konig Rewinds with it? What backspace size did you get on your wheels? I like the konig rewinds just fine, but I need to know if they'll be the right size!

·
Registered
365 Posts
You got the same kit I linked to above and used the Konig Rewinds with it? What backspace size did you get on your wheels? I like the konig rewinds just fine, but I need to know if they'll be the right size!
Not sure what backspace ... let me go through my old posts here and see if I posted about it when I did it :) ...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't. The only differences between a given power and manual brake kit are at the master cylinder. The master cylinder might be different, and there's a booster, but the rotor and caliper will be the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts