Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dealer Thinks Gt's Are Excluded This Year On The X-plan. Can Anybody Clear This Up Before He Calls Me Tomorrow??

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes. I can.

PTLM4LIFE said:
My Dealer Thinks Gt's Are Excluded This Year On The X-plan. Can Anybody Clear This Up Before He Calls Me Tomorrow??
They are absolutely, positively NOT excluded. If he persists in this stupidity find a new dealer.:sterb:

·
Registered
622 Posts
it's up to the individual dealer. If your's won't do it, find one that will

·
Registered
294 Posts
nonsensez9 said:
it's up to the individual dealer. If your's won't do it, find one that will
that's it in a nutshell. :evilchuck

Us consumers aren't supposed to know more than the sales guys but it does make it kinda fun sometimes.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
brnrkm said:
that's it in a nutshell. :evilchuck

Us consumers aren't supposed to know more than the sales guys but it does make it kinda fun sometimes.
So true it is! +1

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx....i'll Expect Nothing But A Positive Response From Him Tomorrow..i Ordered It Two And 1/2 Weeks Ago And He Told Me It Would Be Serialized By The End Of The Week..i Hope He's Not B.stn Me..mike

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
PTLM4LIFE said:
Thanx....i'll Expect Nothing But A Positive Response From Him Tomorrow..i Ordered It Two And 1/2 Weeks Ago And He Told Me It Would Be Serialized By The End Of The Week..i Hope He's Not B.stn Me..mike
That's strange because you are supposed to give them the X-plan number when you order it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used x-plan on my 2006 mustang GT at my local ford dealer. It was hard to find a dealer that would special order me a car on xplan...but I found one. The same dealer told me he would do x-plan on any GT sitting on their lot too. I opted to order my color choice and 18" bullit wheels. So....YES, you can use the x-plan on a 2006 GT.

Tilt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry to post again...but one more thing. I didn't give my dealer the x-plan PIN number until I showed up to pick up and pay for the car. He told me they didn't need it for ordering the car. They just made a copy of my driver's license.

Tilt

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Tilt said:
Sorry to post again...but one more thing. I didn't give my dealer the x-plan PIN number until I showed up to pick up and pay for the car. He told me they didn't need it for ordering the car. They just made a copy of my driver's license.

Tilt
That is correct, but you must be up front with him that you plan on using Xplan. Pop it on him on the last minute when you pick up car and chances are you wont get it.
After I picked up my GT on Xplan the dealer said he wasnt accepting them anymore.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah. I wouldn't make the x-plan thing a last minute deal. I told my dealer at the start that I wanted to do the x-plan. I don't know if it changes anything in the ordering process from the dealer's side of things. I just wanted to be fair and up front with these guys to avoid headaches.

Tilt

·
Registered
478 Posts
I used Xplan, but I had to order. I had to present the pin upon delivery. If your pin number does not go thru they will bill you for the difference. For those who need a pin number go to blueovalnews.com. There are plenty of employees willing to help you out. I believe Ford gives them $50 and up for every xplan they give out. Pretty good deal on a Stang. I don't know how much the dealers are dealing now.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i didn't get my hook (i mean pin) till yesterday, which was 2 1/2 weeks after i ordered. no call back from the salesman today about whether he'll do it..i'm going to call him tomorrow...i'll post if i get any news.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
bigplayrayr said:
I used Xplan, but I had to order. I had to present the pin upon delivery. If your pin number does not go thru they will bill you for the difference. For those who need a pin number go to blueovalnews.com. There are plenty of employees willing to help you out. I believe Ford gives them $50 and up for every xplan they give out. Pretty good deal on a Stang. I don't know how much the dealers are dealing now.
The employees don't get anything for an x-plan on a mustang. I got mine from my wife's uncle, since it is such a great seller, they don't get any monentary rewards.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My Dealer Told Me Today That He Is Waiting To Hear Back From Ford On The X-plan. He Says He Is Hearing Ford Discontinued The X For Gt's And Possibly For All Mustangs. Still Not Serialized, He Says He's Hoping Next Week.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Its up to the dealer, not FORD. Hes giving you the run around.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Stoenr said:
Its up to the dealer, not FORD. Hes giving you the run around.
Yes! Is up to the dealership. I was taking x-plan for a while but my dealership told me to stop because it was becoming a little unfair that people from other states were buying the GT from me at x-plan while their local dealership was selling the car from $5,000 to $10,000 over MSRP. It came to a point that my dealership told me to stop because everybody nation wide was trying to get a GT from us and we were not making any profit on this great car. Thats why I am doing MSRP.
Look around and you may find a dealership will take it. Be aware that a lot of dealerships that say yes to x-plan will take your order but it may take months before your vehicle is serialized because they will prefer to give the allocation on a GT for somebody that will pay a profit than sellit to you for a no profit deal. I know, sounds unfair for the buyer but thats why we sell cars. To make a profit.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
PTLM4LIFE said:
My Dealer Told Me Today That He Is Waiting To Hear Back From Ford On The X-plan. He Says He Is Hearing Ford Discontinued The X For Gt's And Possibly For All Mustangs. Still Not Serialized, He Says He's Hoping Next Week.
What a way to pass the buck! blame Ford. :nogrinner

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
carlos, do you know how much of a discount off msrp is involved with the x plan. i bought the car for msrp. this is the only dealer i found in the area who would even sell the car at msrp.

·
Registered
294 Posts
CarlosM said:
... It came to a point that my dealership told me to stop because everybody nation wide was trying to get a GT from us and we were not making any profit on this great car...
It was my understanding that Ford reimbursed the dealer for the difference between X-plan and MSRP, so by the time the customer paid the FDAF and delivery (instead of the dealer paying it) the dealer actually makes more then MSRP.

Please have a better response than "well my boss said so" because while I might believe the sales guy wouldn't lie to me (they might have bad information tho) I'll never believe that the "Boss" will tell the sales guys the complete truth, even if they know it themselves.

Dealers just can't make more than MSRP when selling a plan car, plus they have to wait for the check or credit from Ford. I think that's the only negative about it for the dealer.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.