Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I can only get heat/air through my defrost setting... Any other setting will not work except for the off setting... The connections on the back of the module are all there... Anyone have any ideas if i need a new climate module ???

Tks..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ok. So i have a 94 mustang gt(but the interior from 94-04 is like almost the exact same) but neways.. I've had mine torn completely out down to bare metal(look at my pics).

possible solution: Ok,make sure the vaccum lines on the ac/heater control module are all tight. One of those vaccume lines runs down to the center of the car heater vent(the peice below your windsheild defrost) Ok there is metal rod like thing that goes to a silver device kinda like a BOV on a turbo car.(IDK how else to describe it-But on the bottom of it is a L shape medal peice that comes out. Your vaccum line should be connected to this. If its not, when u go to switch to your vents nuttin going to happen because theres no vaccum line to open the flap up inside the unit below your window defrost.

Might be easier to get to if you remove your passenger airbag(disconnect battery,take glovebox out. Then u get up in the glovebox and u will find 2 7 or 8 mm bolt to take out then disconnect airbag and pull it. This will give you a better view.

Or you can always borrow a buddys ac/heater vent if they got a mustang also and try theirs.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
213 Posts
on my 95 there was a very thin hose coming off the vacuum tee on the drivers side. it was broken at one of the connections. i replaced t with a bigger hose because i couldnt fine one as thin as the original.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Yeah, check for the vacuum line. If that line breaks, the vent system is designed to default to the defrost setting for safety reasons on most cars.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
doa search, there is a color diagram I posted on the whole vacuum system

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.