Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm trying to fit a monte carlo bar into my '66 coupe. It's close, but now quite there. I've had the front end jacked up for 2 days now to try to get them to spread and they have, but not quite enough. I was wondering if anyone had exact measurements of how far apart the sides of the fire wall are supposed to be where the monte carlo bar fits in? I bought the bar from mustangsunlimited.com and it seems to be a asian made repro, so i was trying to verify that the bar is the right length.
Thanks! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the replies. Davids65302 thank you for taking the time to measure the monte carle bar in your car! Mine is the same as yours so I don't think the bar is the issue. My car had minor front end damage when I got it so it's probably just off a bit. I finally got the bar in though. It took a lot of work. I had it jacked up for 2 days to let the towers sag back out and then I bolted one end of the bar in and pushed and shoved and spread the other tower out just enough to get the other side in. It looks good!
Thank you all!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the replies. Davids65302 thank you for taking the time to measure the monte carle bar in your car! Mine is the same as yours so I don't think the bar is the issue. My car had minor front end damage when I got it so it's probably just off a bit. I finally got the bar in though. It took a lot of work. I had it jacked up for 2 days to let the towers sag back out and then I bolted one end of the bar in and pushed and shoved and spread the other tower out just enough to get the other side in. It looks good!
Thank you all!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.