Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone plz tell me the color of the 2 wires going to the ect sensor, im not sure if i mixed up the plug to the ect and the on the that goes to the canister with evp

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i found what i needed..but issue is is that my codes are telling me ect sensor is bad,, but i just replaced it...its brand new. idk

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Don't know if I've told you this, but the engine needs to be fully warmed up before you run the codes. If not, code 21 can be logged, and you will think there is a failure.

If the car was fully warmed up, then you have a connection issue betweem the sensor and the ECM. There is only 3 places it could be. ECT connector, or the 10 Pin connector, or the 60 pin connector at the ecm.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Another way to verify that the new ECT sensor is functioning correctly is a resistance check. Get the car warm, unplug the ECT, and use a multimeter across the 2 prongs. Should get something like 2.X OHMs with a warm engine. If you search around in fordfuelinjection.com you'll find an ECT resistance table showing the resistance versus temp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts