Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, Im a college kid and my 66 inline 6 is my daily driver. I just bought this brand new vaporizer 1100 carb about a year and a half ago from pony carbs. The other day randomly my car wasn't staying on and i noticed the carb was leaking gas from the top port. when i took apart the carb this morning and unbolted the top i saw this bolt thing loose just sitting there exactly like this in the picture. Obviously this broke off somewhere but i cant figure out where. I tried looking at some diagrams but i cant figure it out. Any one know?

The picture is attatched. Thank you everyone, God Bless.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
This is a wild guess, but look in the top section for the power valve. It had to either drop down from top, or was left in there at Pony. Either way, I would contact them. Possible it was interfering with float, not allowing it to shut off fuel. I don't see it in my diagram, but also have no idea what changes Pony makes to their carbs.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
That looks more like some sort of gauge or tool. That is way too big to be any internal part of the autolite 1100.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Yep. It fell out of the top of the housing. Did a ball and spring come out with it? Contact Pony Carbs and they should be able to further help. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts