Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so last night at around 1 am i was going to my gf's place. She lives in an up and coming area of condos. There is still some construction going on, and there are a bunch of street lights not yet put in. I usually park in the same spot next to the road where there is no light so the car stays sort of hidden. So i was backing in and since it was dark (no street lights in the particular area) i did not notice the massive 5 inch curb they had just put in. I kept reversing as i normally would, didnt really hear anything, but it felt kinda of rough as i was backing in... i just assumed it was the dirt and gravel...but boy was i wrong.

Discovered this the next morning:

So my question to you is... can this be repaired or am i going to have to buy a new rim?

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Yikes, I would be sick , I am thinking you need to get a new wheel.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yeah, you removed a ton of material. I don't think it would be possible or even cost effective to repair something like that. It took a lot of damage.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Start looking for a take off. I bet a dealer will cost plenty.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
It'd be cheaper in the long run to replace it. IMO That rim isn't even safe anymore with the sharp edge so close to the sidewall.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wife did something like to her Lexus, so if those scratches aren't too deep, you can check a wheel repair place, but it might cost a couple hundred dollars to smooth that out and paint / finish them. Cost me $150 for her repair, but it didn't look nearly that bad. Ouch. :(
I agree with the previous posters, I would hit up CL and eBay and look for a take off.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That SUCKS! Sorry to see this, it would make me sick if it were mine. I can also tell you if it were mine I wouldn't even consider fixing this, it would be a new wheel for me regardless of cost. Considering the relatively small amount of money one would save I'd feel better knowing I didn't have any repair or defects.

That's the worst curb job I've ever seen on a wheel not involved in a MVC.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I'd be checking out ebay right now looking for a new one. Sorry to see that though man.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Best get a new one. Think of if as a payment for a life lesson. Bet you'll never do that again. Sorry man.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
On a related subject, was she worth it? :kooky:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I groaned loud enough to wake my cat when I saw that pic...:doh:

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Ouch. I feel for ya. New wheel is what I would do...tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Ouch, sorry man, that's one of the most chewed-up rims I ever saw. If you're like me though may as well bite the bullet and get is replaced ASAP so you can't stop agonizing over it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That truly sucks... but you already know that...

Will be cheaper to replace it... it's likely bent enuf to need straightening as well as aesthetic repair and paint...

We have all done stupid stuff, so I'd consider it a "learning tax". :smartass:

New OEM on ebay, $149 plus $28 shipping...

Factory OEM 18 Ford Edge Silver Wheel Rim 3674 | eBay

MVP Wheels LLC items - Get great deals on Ford Wheels, Chevrolet Wheels items on eBay Stores!
These are completely different rims. Check my post from earlier; It has a link to the only one I could find which matches it excluding the Pony tribar logo center cap. The correct wheel is the 18" Pony Package rim off the V6.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.