Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I don't believe so, but I've read that people who have swapped all four wheels out and didn't put in the sensors will not get a message. I'm not 100% sure though so hopefully some one else will chime in too.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
As far I know the tuner will not turn off the tpms sensor light. During the summer I just deal with the dashboard light, winter comes and I put the stockers back on. But Since you will probably have no need for winter tires living in texas, just purchase new tpms sensor for the new wheels or if you have2005-2009, if 2010+ (non band style) remove them from the wheel and transfer them over to the new wheels.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
239 Posts
The sensors can be removed by a tire shop and be placed on the new wheels. I just bought new sensors from latemodel restoration when I upgraded to FR500 18" wheels and tires. I also bought the sensor calibration tool from American Muscle to sync the new sensors to my car.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The BCM controls the TPMS system, tuners and SCT software only work with the PCM. As a result, your typical tuner likely cannot alter any of that. Additionally, I wouldn't even want to be a company touching that due to the serious liability issues that would surely arise.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not only that but you insurance might not cover an accident if they find the tpms not working or dissabled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.