Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the "show lens" from great guy on EBAY and I get lots of compliments on the amber color (it matches the turn signals) but I am looking for a more permanent solution ... any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry duplicate post....

·
Registered
403 Posts
if you dont scare easily-

you might try getting a cheep broken lens from a boneyard and pick up some Pactra polycarbonate spraypaint from a hobby shop- they sell candy colors...I use the blue on my rc helicopter canopies(painted from inside), and with a bit of practice, you can get pretty consistent shading and tint- the type of paint almost 'melts' into lexan and from the outside, looks great.
I like the amber too, and might try it on mine- not sure if lense is removeable from reflector or not though(this paint is always done on the inside).
there is a way to tint lexan with dye/hotwater, but Ive never tried it- and would worry about warping the plastic or the outside exposed surface getting scratched up...

the static sticker type decals are neat, but I'm pretty sure theyd blow off at the carwash...hopefully some aftermarket guys will pop some cheep lenses soon, and we wont need to worry about this :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
What is a "show cover"? I installed some yellow covers and replaced the white bulbs with artic yellow. This made a big improvment on the look of the car. I posted on the YMR site http://www.ymrforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17267

One thing I would like to add I have had to replace one of the driving lights being the dark metal ring in the middle came lose and was on the bulb. I am not sure if the lens cover kept extra heat in the lens and caused the metal ring to come lose or if it was just a bad unit? The lens was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they call them Show lens because you are not supposed to keep them on all the time, mine are just that real thin plastic film cut in circles and slid int over the lens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.