Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody this is my first post here and I'm looking to buy my first car. (I know, I know I'm lucky to get anything for my first car) but I have really thought this through and I am wondering how common it is to get a used 2011 Ford Mustang V6 for around $10,000. Here is the situation, my parents together would put up 6k and if I wanted to get something that I wanted I would have to put up the rest. I originally wanted to get a 05-09 mustang GT for about $8,000 (I would put up 2k) Then I saw that I could get a 2011 V6 for close to $11,000 and wondered if I could negotiate down to 10k (me putting up 4k). Either car would be amazing but I REALLY love the grabber blue color on the 2011 and it would get better MPG and a little more horse power (I know the GT has more torque) and it's newer/less miles! The problem is trying to find one in my state. So how common or is it possible to get a 2011 mustang V6 for $10,000? Thanks everybody for taking time to read this post!!!happyfeet.gif

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! Best of luck trying to get a 2005-2009 for $8K. I would love to get a 2009 GT convertible for $10K. You can try a website called Search Tempest. It searches all of craigslist and other places. Don't forget you could buy a car out of state and have it delivered for about $400 or so. If you really think about it if you can save a grand then just dish out $400 for delivery it's a good deal.

(Try not to use "05-09" they say to keep it as "2005-2009")

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
What's wrong with the car? Does it have very high mileage? That price seems too good to be true.

·
Registered
612 Posts
If you had $10K cash in hand and found a bare bones base V6 with close to 100K miles, you could probably show up, flash the cash and drive away with $10K on the button. But the 2011+ cars are still new enough that you dont see many approaching 100K miles yet.

I would rather find a clean, stock, higher mile 05-09 GT and get that instead for the $10k.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi Paul, how old are you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried to post the links to the cars but it didn't work. The main theme with the cars wasn't really high miles it was that they all had rebuilt titles but like 50k, 60k miles. They were around $11,500ish and I was thinking if I offered them 10k cash in hand then they would accept it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I tried to post the links to the cars but it didn't work. The main theme with the cars wasn't really high miles it was that they all had rebuilt titles but like 50k, 60k miles. They were around $11,500ish and I was thinking if I offered them 10k cash in hand then they would accept it.
Those cars are trash. The R title will make the car worthless when you try to sell it down the road.

Look for a higher mile base V6 and you should be able to find them in the not too distant future. The coming of cooler weather in Fall and the arrival of the S550 will make the price of lower end V6s plummet.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
P,

the seller would be the one to ask....I will w/o insulting caution about rebuilt cars. They may be fine but if you are stretching your $ it may be easy to get into a deep hole. No matter what avoid flood cars. I would get it checked out by a pro (NOT the sellers buddy) good luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Eh, I personally wouldn't get a rebuilt car unless you're building a car to trash on the track. There has to be better options out there for your money.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So stay away from all rebuilt titles? Yeah I live in Iowa so I was thinking to buy one before winter because I was thinking people would sell them cheap since no one wants to buy a mustang for winter. How much do you guys think they would go for before winter? Big Price difference? Good deals? And if I was going to get a 2005-2009 I wouldn't want to spend more than 8.5k (me putting 2.5k). Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Ya your not getting a 11 v6 for 10 or 11 lol you may have to look back to 08 and down v6s with high miles

·
Registered
106 Posts
Im sure you know this but the 2010 has the 4 liter V6 so it would of course be cheaper.

I have an Autocheck unlimited reports subscription, if you need any VIN checked just message me and I will send you a link to the report.(anyone else also.)

Im gonna let you know though, most cars that are really cheap or are too good of a deal usually have some problem.

Considering KBB private sale value for a base 2011 V6 with 50k miles is 15k I would take any cheaper mustang listing with a grain of salt.

The most common thing I see on an autocheck report is salvage title or something similar. This will kill resale value in the future.

Also, I guarantee any car with an aluminum drive shaft and 3.73 gears has been thrashed thoroughly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't know if you have considered the taxes and registration but if your limit is $10k then you probably need to look for something a bit less. I would avoid any vehicles with collision or flood damage like the plague.

·
Registered
612 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
So stay away from all rebuilt titles? Yeah I live in Iowa so I was thinking to buy one before winter because I was thinking people would sell them cheap since no one wants to buy a mustang for winter. How much do you guys think they would go for before winter? Big Price difference? Good deals? And if I was going to get a 2005-2009 I wouldn't want to spend more than 8.5k (me putting 2.5k). Thanks for all the help guys!
Stay away from R titles on newer cars. Because it signifies that the car suffered a ton of damage money wise and thats why it was totalled in the first place.

Example: 2011 V6 Mustang with a book value of $14K is in an accident. If it suffers $10K of damage, it is likely totalled. It may be rebuilt, but it took quite a bit of damage in the accident

However, a 1999 V6 mustang with a book value of $2400 gets in a slight fender bender. An $1800 (which is nothing) body shop bill would total this car even if all it needed was a new bumper cover, some paint, and a headlight. Thus, I would be more willing to buy this car as a R title than the above example.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah...I can't see you getting a '11 V6 for just 10k...you are going to have to look at the prior years, unless someone with an '11 put 150k miles on theirs.

·
Registered
659 Posts
From your post saying 2.5k from you I assume you will have loan on the car. I haven't heard of any bank loaning on a salvage/rebuilt title car. Just be patient. The newer stuff will be worth less soon.

·
Registered
823 Posts
You get what you pay for as someone stated the cars don't even book near 11k so if it's under there's something wrong common sense can save your ass sometimes .

1 - 20 of 39 Posts