Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys/gals, within the next 2-3 years, I will be buying a new GT or maybe even a GT500 (If I go into the states)..
But as of right now, I am still under 20, and I was wondering if this is a good deal.. ?

It is a 2000 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6.. with 119,000kms.. with the 5-speed manual tranny. Can you guys tell me the gas mileage and how long these cars/engine last..

I will be selling my 2000 Alero sport-coupe (My first car) - which I have put ALOT of money into it.. to buy this or one similiar
Please let me know, thanks ahead of time ! :)

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe - City of Toronto Cars For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
For the price listed it's a great deal, I notice it has aftermarket rims on it looks like the mach 1 style so there is an extra grand between wheels and tires, it does seem a little cheap though, would be a good idea to test drive it, if they won't let you something is most likely up, that car is worth at least $5000, have it inspected also to be safe

Depending on your driving habits, most manual cars can put down 30+ hwy. mpg if you drive it right, with basic matinence the 3.8 will last a long time...

·
Registered
23 Posts
It looks like a good deal to me. Ask for a test drive to make sure I still runs good :bigthumbsup
Also mpg you can expect rough;y 17 city 26 highway combined 21 with that manual transmission.
As far as engines lasting, depends on how well the car was taken care of and how much care you'll take with it. It will probably last a really long time if it was properly maintained.
And a little side note: If you're further interested in adding some performance you should check out supersixmotorsports.com they have a lot of things for that year. you could increase the displacement from 3.8 to 4.2 :D
That last bit was only if you wanted to upgrade the power. hope this helps!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yes test drive it, listen to any noise the engine might make. and set aside enough money for a new clutch , at 116k miles its going to need one soon. Other than that if its as good inside as out and runs good you are getting a real steal.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Oh one other thing to watch for, If the car has a problem starting and you have to press the arm disarm button for it to start. if you do walk away, means the anti theft is going out and will kill the car and eventually keep it from starting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much guys, I am new to the V6 stangs, and just wanted to ask a couple newb questions... I thought it looked in mint condition.. But I will test drive/start it atleast..
Do you guys have any idea on what the insurance difference will be compared to my BLACK Alero (Sports-Coupe) ? I will be upping the performance for sure,(Intake,exhuast,headers,tune) but not too much. It will have winters on it, and be my winter mustang (Sounds awful :shigrin ) But only when I go out and finally get a new one..

·
Registered
368 Posts
not a great car for the winter. But can be if you do a couple of things

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
119000KM not miles subpath, that clutch should have atleast another 60000KM on it if it was not abused.

As for winter, you'll need a good set of winter tires or you can forget about driving it in the snow. I have General Altimax Arctic tires for mine that get mounted in November. My car sees some snow and it does OK but if the snow gets deep (over 6" standing in the road) it doesn't leave the garage since they are just not great in the snow and struggle in the really deep stuff, even with winters on.

As for insurance, I pay $1400 a year full coverage but I am 43 with no claims or tickets ever. You're gonna pay alot more than that in this rip-off province.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What his E-mail says -
Hi,

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $3800.It's in perfect working order, no wear and tear, no scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents.I moved to the United Kingdom with my work but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario.All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price, I won a promotion(1 free shipping).You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've seen many of those email, its definitely a scam. I have got many emails saying "my brother works for a shipping company and I can ship it for free" and most importanly they will avoid contacting you through phone. Also if it seem to good to be true it most likey is, I experienced this when I was look for a Chevy duramax for my pop that are usaully around 25k for a 2005 and I found one for 5000... I email the person and got a email similar to yours.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree. Don't trust the email. Pay for the shipping and have it properly transported. But keep in mind, if a liter of fuel is a pound thirty, multiply that by 3.87 (Liters per gallon), then multiple by 1.7 (Exchange rate), and that gives you your price of gas in terms of America. Also, you're looking at about 25 MPG if you stick straight highway miles on your stang. that means at abour 325 you need to fill up. A Mustang is not cheap in the UK. I just got back from there. But long behold, there are things you can do to your stang to increase MPG's. Mine currently gets just under 32 highway, 26 city. Don't take a stock stang to the UK. Beautiful countryside, but expensive when it comes to transportation, especially personal transportation. Best of luck to you! and both of my 2000 Mustangs that I've owned have gotten me over 200,000 miles! Great cars!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
One of my soldiers got burned on an email deal for a motorcycle and the shipping from the US to Korea. Hopefully you have a trusted friend around the seller that can look at the vehicle. If he/she recommends the car send your "trusted" friend a power of attorney and let them ship it. Deals like this, as everyone is saying above, may be too good to be true.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts