Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends has 1992 5.0 Mustang, and he is adding many mods to it ( I guess +350 hp).. he asked me what would be the best trans among these TREMEC trans:M-7003-R58W orM-7003-R58C orM-7003-R58H

Also, I know that R58C and R58H are almost similar except in the first/fifth gear ratio..but I really don't know which one is more recommended.

Any idea if he is going with R58C / R58H what would be the required parts to complete in the driveline ???

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
304 Posts
im pretty sure that when talking about the TKO500 trannys from tremec.. they offer one version that has a more race oriented 5th gear overdrive that doesn't drop the revs as low as the other.. im pretty sure its a .82 and the street version is like .62.

so it really depends on what type of driving he is going to be doing.. if its a street car and he wants to get a little bit better gas mileage on the highway then he should get the one with a lower rpm overdrive.. if he's going to be racing on a road course and wants closer ratios then the other one may be better for him.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im pretty sure that when talking about the TKO500 trannys from tremec.. they offer one version that has a more race oriented 5th gear overdrive that doesn't drop the revs as low as the other.. im pretty sure its a .82 and the street version is like .62.

so it really depends on what type of driving he is going to be doing.. if its a street car and he wants to get a little bit better gas mileage on the highway then he should get the one with a lower rpm overdrive.. if he's going to be racing on a road course and wants closer ratios then the other one may be better for him.
R58W(T5 HD) & R58H(TKO600) are lower in the 5th gear ; .68 , however, T5 HD is higher in 1st gear; 3.27 compared to 2.92 in R58H TKO600 ...

The input spline in T5 HD is 10 , and TKO600 is 26 .. so I am not sure what will be needed to replace if he is going with TKO600.

·
Registered
912 Posts
with the 600 you need an adjustable mount and a new clutch, possibly a driveshaft, not sure on bellhousing tho, but i could be forgetting things.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.. that helps alot!!:bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts