Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I ended up cutting a fuel line. The line from the Fuel Rail to the Main Fuel. (see photo 2) 2000, 3.8L

I have two questions (ok, maybe three) :)

1. Can one splice a high pressure fuel line? Incase I can't see questions 2 and 3. thanks.

2. If I need to buy the entire line...does it include the silver thing? LOL. OK, So Im not sure, but I think it is the fuel line pressure regulator?? Is this one entire assembly (photo 1 item 2)?? -from "fuel rail quick disconnect" to the main connector-

3. How do I remove the line from this (main) connector (photo 1, item 1) ??

I can't seem to find any answers in ALLDATA or at my local Auto Zone. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Yeah, I ended up going to the dealer (was dreading it). However I got this really cool tech who took my engineering number for the fule line and cross referenced it (it did turn out to be an entire assembly, pressure regulator included). Then when the drawing on the computer looked like it didnt come with the quick disconnects he actually took the time to find a dealer who had one in stock, called them, and asked them go get the part and open it to make sure it did come with them. The part was here in one day. Was totally blown away. This guy rocked! Wasnt happy about the $78 price tag, but I can't complain living where I live. Small town usa.

You need to replace high pressure fuel line with the same. I have seen people use clamps and metal nipples to tie the lines together......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.