Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a '88 Gt for about $3,000. its pretty much stock . my question is if you can swap out the old steering wheel and put a '92 or '93 steering wheel on it? thanks

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Why would you want to do that? The 90+ models didnt have tilt steering?

·
Registered
897 Posts
yes you can switch over but now your gonna have an air bag type wheel and like the ghost said,no tilt.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
WWW.50resto.com has a bunch of Ford steering wheels to chose from, or you could go to the aftermarket, like maybe Summit.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
also, if your 88 has CRUISE in the steering wheel, that could lead to a problem with aftermarket wheels. if not your good to go. but if you do have cruise buttons on the wheel, grant steering wheels can hook you up with a steering wheel center hub with buttons (up to 6 i think) for your cruise.

also, this brings me to a question. i was considering getting an aftermarket wheel, and was wondering if it would be possible to reroute my cruise crontrol buttons to an ashtray switch panel?? just a thought.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
systronic said:
also, if your 88 has CRUISE in the steering wheel, that could lead to a problem with aftermarket wheels. if not your good to go. but if you do have cruise buttons on the wheel, grant steering wheels can hook you up with a steering wheel center hub with buttons (up to 6 i think) for your cruise.

also, this brings me to a question. i was considering getting an aftermarket wheel, and was wondering if it would be possible to reroute my cruise crontrol buttons to an ashtray switch panel?? just a thought.
I'm sure you could, bro, you'd want to intercept the appropriate wires at a point before they snake up the steering column.

·
Registered
551 Posts
GhostDog 5.0 said:
Why would you want to do that?
Amen, its definatly not a "sexy" wheel, hell, its a crown vic wheel, LOL. Go with grant or another reputable aftermarket, if you want something trick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.