Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any Canadian 2011 with the MT are still waiting for the TSB fix?

My dealer has been aware since I took her out of winter storage and they tell me that the oil is still on back order.

Although I see lots of US cars taken care of.

I hate this tranny. Grinds all the time and really have to pull to shift.
Also maybe I have other issues expressed on this forum?

Feel like I am getting the run around with my dealer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Hmm. The twin clutch Fiesta transmission oil on backorder? Check around with other dealers with the part number.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got mine serviced in Meadowvale, the head guy there is well aware of the problem, and all he said he could do was swap out the oil, which they did. He said they can't do anything else until Ford gives it the ok, I havn't been back since, with the new oil and the hot weather it makes it livable at the very least. Hopefully a fix will arrive before the cold weather kicks in.

Edit: I got my tranny oil swapped back in late April, so I dunno how they are now for stock

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Well, Im glad I am not having issues with this MT,actually I love it, butter sweet shifts,feels pretty nice actually... during the winter months it was another story till it warmed up, and I'm not talking about the motor reaching operating temps,which I always allowed it to do.
Essentially I would start up the car and it would warm up for a good 10 minutes prior to me driving it,but the 2nd 3rd grind was there for that first 5 km or so, after a while the grinds would ease off and it would be fine.
My real concern is what is this grinding ACTUALLY doing as far as synchro damage/gear teeth...Im not an automotive engineer by any means, but I am logical enough to understand that ANY grinding inside ANY trans means metal to metal clash,and that usually results in premature wear.
I really love this ride,which is why I forked out the money to own one... am I pleased with FORD's approach to customer service/satisfaction?, well on a scale of 1 to 10, I would say a negative 3, but to be fair I'd go as far as a 4!!!
Chrysler/Dodge blew me away by the degree of customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction,I should know: I had plenty of Dodges; at any service I had, the car(s) was brought out, washed,dried and spotless and on time!
The last Dodge I had, an 004 SRT4 bought new, had some notchiness in the 5 speed MT,BUT no grinding,no drama EVER! after I switched to the Mopar short throw shifter,that trans was pure heaven,I got on it often, tracked the car when meets were organized and came back for more!
Guys, don't get me wrong,This is not about hating FORD and loving DODGE... it's about the personal experiences I can honestly attest to when I compare both companies,in all honestly,Dodge is light years ahead of ANY FORD dealership as far as customer satisfaction.
ALL dealerships I dealt with so far (3) in the 8 months I had this Mustang,were rude,uncaring,and went out of their way to convey that somehow It's the customer's fault for whatever the complaint was.
NOT once did I service the mustang and it was returned back to me, freshly washed,ever!
The last time I dealt with a dealership for my oil change, my ride was returned back,with motor oil all over the driver's door handle and steering,when I mentioned this to the service manager in a VERY nice way that I would appreciate a quick wipe to the steering, his response to me was maybe my kids were playing in the car OR eating ice cream and touched the steering!!!!!!
When I explained to him my daughter is a 23 year old attending university in dentistry,and hates ice cream he grumbled under his breath and went out and wiped it up,to his surprise IT was engine oil! (he admitted it to me and later apologized)
It's this sort of attitude I am not impressed with at FORD dealerships.
I'm pleased that FORD created this iconic car, and thank them for their hard work and due deligence,however there is vast strides to be made concerning issues such as this grinding MT6 trans, dealership customer attitude, and working on a permanent cure to quell customer concerns regarding these trans! :nono:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Well, Im glad I am not having issues with this MT,actually I love it, butter sweet shifts,feels pretty nice actually... during the winter months it was another story till it warmed up, and I'm not talking about the motor reaching operating temps,which I always allowed it to do.
Essentially I would start up the car and it would warm up for a good 10 minutes prior to me driving it,but the 2nd 3rd grind was there for that first 5 km or so, after a while the grinds would ease off and it would be fine.
My real concern is what is this grinding ACTUALLY doing as far as synchro damage/gear teeth...Im not an automotive engineer by any means, but I am logical enough to understand that ANY grinding inside ANY trans means metal to metal clash,and that usually results in premature wear.
I really love this ride,which is why I forked out the money to own one... am I pleased with FORD's approach to customer service/satisfaction?, well on a scale of 1 to 10, I would say a negative 3, but to be fair I'd go as far as a 4!!!
Chrysler/Dodge blew me away by the degree of customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction,I should know: I had plenty of Dodges; at any service I had, the car(s) was brought out, washed,dried and spotless and on time!
The last Dodge I had, an 004 SRT4 bought new, had some notchiness in the 5 speed MT,BUT no grinding,no drama EVER! after I switched to the Mopar short throw shifter,that trans was pure heaven,I got on it often, tracked the car when meets were organized and came back for more!
Guys, don't get me wrong,This is not about hating FORD and loving DODGE... it's about the personal experiences I can honestly attest to when I compare both companies,in all honestly,Dodge is light years ahead of ANY FORD dealership as far as customer satisfaction.
ALL dealerships I dealt with so far (3) in the 8 months I had this Mustang,were rude,uncaring,and went out of their way to convey that somehow It's the customer's fault for whatever the complaint was.
NOT once did I service the mustang and it was returned back to me, freshly washed,ever!
The last time I dealt with a dealership for my oil change, my ride was returned back,with motor oil all over the driver's door handle and steering,when I mentioned this to the service manager in a VERY nice way that I would appreciate a quick wipe to the steering, his response to me was maybe my kids were playing in the car OR eating ice cream and touched the steering!!!!!!
When I explained to him my daughter is a 23 year old attending university in dentistry,and hates ice cream he grumbled under his breath and went out and wiped it up,to his surprise IT was engine oil! (he admitted it to me and later apologized)
It's this sort of attitude I am not impressed with at FORD dealerships.
I'm pleased that FORD created this iconic car, and thank them for their hard work and due deligence,however there is vast strides to be made concerning issues such as this grinding MT6 trans, dealership customer attitude, and working on a permanent cure to quell customer concerns regarding these trans! :nono:
Can you tell me which 3 dealers that you dealt with, so I can never go there? If you don't want to mention them here, I'm also going to send you a PM.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Im getting run around right now on the new fluid from a dealer miss/etob border...

i bought it there, i wont go back. ever.

i went to meadowvale for some other business and was treated very well.

F

·
0 Posts
Just wondering if any Canadian 2011 with the MT are still waiting for the TSB fix?

My dealer has been aware since I took her out of winter storage and they tell me that the oil is still on back order.

Although I see lots of US cars taken care of.

I hate this tranny. Grinds all the time and really have to pull to shift.
Also maybe I have other issues expressed on this forum?

Feel like I am getting the run around with my dealer.

Thanks
Hi stevmack,

Have you contacted Ford of Canada about this? If not, I recommend you do so. They can escalate this concern for you and help you get it resolved. If you have contacted them, you can send me your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info and I will research it further for you.

Deysha

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ford canada is a joke......
I have to agree about the service Dodge dealers give.
This is my first Ford and,yep I had the tranny problems(bolts backing out),and I took it to Donway Ford because they are a SVT dealer.
Search the forums, I have written up about this issue.(they are crooks).
I did get the problem fixed by Eastcourt Ford ,service manager is a Mustang guy from way back.
He did get my car fixed ,but ford canada left me feeling alone with a brand new car .....no help at all.
I do like this car a lot it ,but seriously looking at getting a challenger.
Yep I know all new cars have problems and yes I am on a couple Challenger forums ,but it is how the company deals with the problems that matter to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.