Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Americans are welcome too :p

Ordered my new Mustang two days ago (07/07), dealer said I will be receiving it mid-August. But.. after reading other people's threads on here, how legitimate is that statement? I see some people have been waiting since February 1st.. 5 months ago.

Are the Canadian versions separated from the American? Is there a reason my wait time is a month while others is 5? Just out of curiosity.

Also, anyone have any GOOD stories about wait times? Preferably someone in the Ontario-area for a good comparison to myself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
6 to 8 weeks is what the delaer would be used to for delivery times...

They might have missed the fact that the production line is stopped for their two week July break and no new Mustangs are even being built until the 3rd week of July. I'll be lucky to see my 2nd week of June order by mid-August since it's not even scheduled to be built until July 20th....my window sticker became available online June 29th, 5 working days before the build day.

So short version...add two weeks to what the dealer said and it may be correct, or it may show up earlier/later ... all we can do is guess.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I am also Canadian. I ordered my GT first week of May. Dealer said 8 weeks. I just got a VIN Monday. The car is now scheduled to build first week of August. Dealer told me that this could also change and end up being later. So I dont think I will see the car before the middle or end of August. If you ordered this week and get it in the middle of August, thank your lucky stars.

Randy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6 to 8 weeks is what the delaer would be used to for delivery times...

They might have missed the fact that the production line is stopped for their two week July break and no new Mustangs are even being built until the 3rd week of July. I'll be lucky to see my 2nd week of June order by mid-August since it's not even scheduled to be built until July 20th....my window sticker became available online June 29th, 5 working days before the build day.

So short version...add two weeks to what the dealer said and it may be correct, or it may show up earlier/later ... all we can do is guess.
How did you find out your scheduled build day? And where can you see the window sticker?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've had my 5.0 since mid May and love it. I have ~3000 km on it so far, mainly in the mountains and foothills around Calgary. I only use it for fun. Kona blue vert with Saddle Brembo. I am in the Stampede city!

Some how I got my car in 5 weeks. Been in a few show and shines and get lots of compliments on the colors.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I got the build date from the salesman at the dealer. he told me to check in with him in a couple of weeks for updates.I havent talked to him about the window sticker yet. But I did tell him already that when the car comes in, I don't want any kids or would be race drivers taking it over to get the tank of gas they promised me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the build date from the salesman at the dealer. he told me to check in with him in a couple of weeks for updates.I havent talked to him about the window sticker yet. But I did tell him already that when the car comes in, I don't want any kids or would be race drivers taking it over to get the tank of gas they promised me.
When was your order date? and what's your build date?

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Order date 05/07/10. Build date 08/02/10.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Was told 6 to 8 weeks.

Ordered April 14
Built May 17
Received June 8

8 Weeks on the nose.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, Americans are welcome too :p

Ordered my new Mustang two days ago (07/07), dealer said I will be receiving it mid-August. But.. after reading other people's threads on here, how legitimate is that statement? I see some people have been waiting since February 1st.. 5 months ago.

Are the Canadian versions separated from the American? Is there a reason my wait time is a month while others is 5? Just out of curiosity.

Also, anyone have any GOOD stories about wait times? Preferably someone in the Ontario-area for a good comparison to myself.

Thanks!
Black GT-I am just outside Toronto

Ordered 4/23
Built 5/18
Delivered 6/24

Did sit at ramp 51 for a month.

However my 2nd ETA was 07/05 so it came early on that one.

I consider myself lucky. Some are still waiting that ordered before or around the same time as mine. Not sure why.

1000km on her. No issues at all. This car looks great and it goes!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Order April 27
Built May 17th
Sales manager just told me today could be another 2 weeks before it gets here.
Told him sorry, sell it! I don't want it anymore...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.