Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m seeking advice from those with more experience when it comes to Ford & Mustangs (I've never owned either before). I placed my order & deposit over 16 weeks ago. There have been a number of delays, the most recent all quality related. So my question is, do I cancel my order or sit tight & see how things play out? If I accept delivery & end up having trouble with the car, is that the price I pay for ignoring the red flags of quality issues? Or can I expect Ford to correct any quality issues that pop up? Any insight, that you may have is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Well since

Since the delivery date has been changed again I would ask the dealer what they know and if the don't know or start tap dancing then I would pull the money since the contract can not be fulfilled.
These cars are nice but when it comes to the bottom line I would get my money and try again later or see if another dealer has what you want.

T Wayne in Iraq

·
Registered
159 Posts
I’m seeking advice from those with more experience when it comes to Ford & Mustangs (I've never owned either before). I placed my order & deposit over 16 weeks ago. There have been a number of delays, the most recent all quality related. So my question is, do I cancel my order or sit tight & see how things play out? If I accept delivery & end up having trouble with the car, is that the price I pay for ignoring the red flags of quality issues? Or can I expect Ford to correct any quality issues that pop up? Any insight, that you may have is appreciated.
If I remember correctly, this is at least the second time they've postponed your car due to "quality issues". All the while, others have been receiving their cars so it would seem that this is specific to your car. They could work all the issues out with the final product of the most reliable Mustang out there, but I'd be wary. It sounds like your car is destined to be a lemon. Personally, I'd walk. No, I'd run.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sounds like you are almost there.....! I'd wait it out and drive the car as it looks like you ordered a very nice Mustang. As for quality I think Ford is doing a fantastic job. I picked my car up yesterday and I am very impressed so far. The panel lines are perfect and the interior is flawless. I think you'd be sorry if you bailed out now. If you do somebody else will be driving the very nice car this summer that you ordered....! I'd hang in there if I were you. Maybe check in with Deysha or call Ford Customer Service to confirm some of your details. The dealer and the salesman usually knew less than I did during my car purchase waiting time. Regards

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you are going to worry about the potential for problems popping up on a new car then you better stick to bicycles . They all have them to one degree or another . There's a lady driving around my town in a Lexus SUV . ( GX 470 ) .The paint (clear coat) is pealing off in sheets like dead skin from a bad sunburn or a snake shedding it's skin . She told me that Lexus would not warrantee it so she drives it around as a testimony to Lexus's ****** customer support . She has a great time telling everyone who'll listen to skip Lexus .
Probably would of been cheaper in the long run for Lexus to just repaint it for her than all the bad press this traveling billboard is putting out .
I bought my GT mt about 2 weeks ago after a little hesitation like you're having . Mine shifts fine and no ticks .
If I start having problems and the dealer can't fix it I'll trade it for something else. It's not like your stuck with it for life .
I bought my Raptor in June of last year . Some people on that board are complaining about engine ticks and piston slap, squeeky suspensions, leaks, rear end clunks, ect . I experienced none of that with mine .
In your case 16 weeks is a long time but I heard that lack of Kona blue was holding up cars in that color .
Good Luck.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Look at it with the glass half full mentality:

They aren't delivering a faulty product to you and then kicking you to the curb when you discover something is wrong. Be happy they're fixing it at the plant instead of in a dealer service bay. This is coming from someone who is hopefully getting their car back today after 16 days in the shop for transmission, engine, and suspension work. If Ford wanted to hold onto the car for a few extra weeks so that I didn't have to go through that, I would have gladly obliged.

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
I love my 2012 GT and it has been problem free with all 1400 miles, but if I were you I'd cancel! To me what you've described is beyond tolerable. I went through a similar thing with Ford on my 1999 Cobra order and eventually cancelled. History now shows that Ford was slapped with and lost a class action law suit over that year's Cobra. Just my .02!

·
Registered
361 Posts
take it for what it is worth but i would not cancel unless you were able to find a comparable car on a lot somewhere within reasonable driving distance. i'm in a similar situation regarding cancelling my order and buying off a lot somewhere but out of the dozens of dealerships i have looked at thus far, no one has what i want; i would have to settle for less and that is not what i want to do. so in my case, i will be waiting this out.

unfortunately the problem lies in the communication from Ford to the customer and the lack there-of. when i am told over the phone by FCS that certain information is "privileged due to the safety of our employees" that just screams "we don't have a freaking clue and can't help you." we as customers expect answers and information to be communicated in a reasonable manner and when it is not, we start losing control and getting attitudes. we simply want what we are willing to pay $texas for! not a difficult thing to comprehend. (bit of a rant, sorry)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Since the delivery date has been changed again I would ask the dealer what they know and if the don't know or start tap dancing then I would pull the money since the contract can not be fulfilled.
These cars are nice but when it comes to the bottom line I would get my money and try again later or see if another dealer has what you want.

T Wayne in Iraq
What he said, you'v waited long enough, something is not kosher :yup:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd wait it out. But then, I'm a very patient person in general. My years in the military taught me that. Sometimes when stuff is out of your control, you can literally drive yourself insane fretting about it. Sometimes sh*t does happen. Nothing you can do about it.
If it's consuming too much of your daily life, then cut your losses and move on. If not, just think of how you feel when you finally get behind the wheel and floor it. :)

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
"You gotta pay-to-play!" I was feeling the same as you not too long ago. I decided to "roll the dice." Mine should be in my garage in a week or two.

I plan to drive it exactly like it's meant to be driven. I refuse to worry every time I strap that bad-boy on. If it doesn't perform then I get it fixed under warranty. If that becomes a hassle then I sell or trade for something else. Now, I'm fortunate that I can afford to do so...even if that means I take a small loss on the venture. Like I said, "you gotta pay to play."

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
If it's got a VIN already it can't be canceled but that's not the same as saying you have to take it.

My car was held for just over 2 weeks without explanation but when it got here it was absolutely perfect. You gotta do what your gut tells you but I'm impressed as hell with mine.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'd wait it out. But then, I'm a very patient person in general. My years in the military taught me that. Sometimes when stuff is out of your control, you can literally drive yourself insane fretting about it. Sometimes sh*t does happen. Nothing you can do about it.
If it's consuming too much of your daily life, then cut your losses and move on. If not, just think of how you feel when you finally get behind the wheel and floor it. :)
Love your avatar .

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thank you for your advice. My concern is that these leaking transmission & 5.0 engine issues could be unique to my car or batch my car is from & could be, as mentioned above, a lemon. I understand that any car has that possibility, but my car being put back on Quality Hold for a second time seems like foreshadowing. If Ford is actually fixing whatever is faulty, great, but I'm concerned that they may be applying band aids instead (like putting lighter oil in the transmissions to cure rough shifting). Solutions I'm all for, like when they solved the clutch pedal over centering issues, patch work to get a product out the door is unacceptable & that is my concern.

I also want to make sure that it's understood this is not another "I'm worried the MT82 is garbage" thread. The Quality Hold issues with my car can be followed through this thread.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/300047-quality-hold-flat-rock.html

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
F

·
0 Posts
Thank you for your advice. My concern is that these leaking transmission & 5.0 engine issues could be unique to my car or batch my car is from & could be, as mentioned above, a lemon. I understand that any car has that possibility, but my car being put back on Quality Hold for a second time seems like foreshadowing. If Ford is actually fixing whatever is faulty, great, but I'm concerned that they may be applying band aids instead (like putting lighter oil in the transmissions to cure rough shifting). Solutions I'm all for, like when they solved the clutch pedal over centering issues, patch work to get a product out the door is unacceptable & that is my concern.

I also want to make sure that it's understood this is not another "I'm worried the MT82 is garbage" thread. The Quality Hold issues with my car can be followed through this thread.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/300047-quality-hold-flat-rock.html
Hello The Sheriff,

I know this is frustrating for you and most of us waiting along with you. I’m very positive that they are not just bandaging your car up to ship it to you so you can deal with the rest. The intent is to deliver the vehicles fast, but not at the expense of quality. Your vehicle will be released once it’s at a 100% and when you receive it, it will be heaven from there. You already know if you need any help at all, I will be here.:yup:

Deysha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.