Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I wonder if Deysha ever got involved. She is aces and could have at least told you were the car was at.

She was involved from the start and was the only reason I knew at all where my car was as my dealership never spoke to me. She was awesome and, if the rest of Ford had her work ethic, I probably would not have this problem. She told me that she did not know why it was stuck at which point I escalated the problem.

Did you order the Mazda with all the options you wanted too, or pick one off a lot?
Got it off the lot. There really aren't too many options with those cars, and the dealership I went to had one with exactly the options I wanted (pretty much everything) that I got for $26k out the door.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Mazda seems to be neat car, had a chance to pick up a friend's 09 Touring with less than 7k on it last year for $15000, didn't do it as I have a 06 MCS JCW with low miles. Loved the torque but the car wasn't nearly as refined as my JCW. Liked the 4 doors though:bigthumbsup, wasn't looking to build up anything. Missed a rwd car and wasn't going back to a BMW. While it's not quite refined as the BMW, the GT is quite a bargain:) I like that I can use any grade fuel if I prefer and I love the chirp coming from the rear instead of the front:worship Good luck with your new car:wavey My Buddy sold the car to a Mazda dealer for $17500, it was showroom!!!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yeah, let me start up a car company real quick.:?:

Did you not read the original post? Deysha was involved, and he even thanked her for the help she was ABLE to provide.

Glad someone else can share my same grievances for the OP.
I somehow missed that. My bad. This really is a tragic story, especially the part where he buys a Mazda3.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
227 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Mazda is partially owned by Ford, so you technically still gave them some of your money. I feel for you on not getting your GT though man, I would be incredibly pissed as well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My dealership also has a Mazda dealership, needless to say they are busy because Mazda blows! My wife really wanted a Mazda 3 so I complied with here request. Traded it in after 10 months because it was a POS. Pretty much every turbo Mazda has major problems.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Some wild stuff happens out there... one of my pals in the class of 2012 actually lost his car to a train derailment.

Sort of a shame though to not get the car you really wanted, it's probably a dealership with no allocation that was shanking you around, not Ford. At least that was the case with mine... after wasting 5 months with a dealer who bungled the first order, then ran out of allocation and couldn't get me a car, a fellow board member recommended a small dealer who got the job done in under 2 months.

S

·
0 Posts
A lot of things may have happened. With so many cars out there, and so many people involved...... All it takes is one little screwup and you can have one big headache. And the people you talk to are dealing with more headaches than you can shake a stick at. Your car may have been on a transporter that crashed, the trucking company went under and everything impounded, the truck misdirected, stolen, or dozens of other issues. Do not forget that once the cars shipped, they are usually outside of Ford's control until they get to the dealer. There are even times when a dealer will sell a car bought by a customer because it got in early and they had a full retail offer for it. They figure they could order another and only make the original customer wait a couple weeks.

What really can hurt Ford and any other manufacturer is the control dealers have. Most of the old dealership contracts were unable to force dealers to comply to standards of quality or ethics. The courts at the time would not allow it, or it was not an issue then. Now, they have more say in new dealers, but they have more old dealers than they want, and no real control over who can buy one of the old dealerships.

As an example, a long time Dodge dealer got bought out. I went to buy a new pickup not knowing about the change. Made a real good deal, placed my order, and put my deposit down. After two months without seeing any movement on my order, I checked into the situation. Right after that, the owner was being sought. He had taken deposits on new vehicles and not placed the orders, he had borrowed money to buy stock vehicles, doing so with several banks and Dodge credit. He had sold vehicles, and not notified anyone, nor paid for them. He had bilked banks and Dodge out of a lot of money. Individual customers, out $500 deposit were well down on the totem pole for relief.

I lucked out, and Dodge gave me $500 credit towards a new truck, but I had to wait until they started making the next model year, and I did not get as good a deal as I had before. There are a lot of crooks in the world, and any weak point in the system can be taken advantage of. I would not be surprised if 1-2% of some cars, get syphon from the system in one way or the other.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Got it off the lot. There really aren't too many options with those cars, and the dealership I went to had one with exactly the options I wanted (pretty much everything) that I got for $26k out the door.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Off the lot. Most companies 'let' you buy one off the lot, or that is in their pipeline already, with no guaranteed date for arrival. Then, after you've waited too long, they find you one 'similar' to your order in a neighboring state that arrives with 200 miles on it because a retired guy drove it between dealers for you. Super. Somehow that's better customer service. (Not that I'm bitter or anything, Toyota.)

The real problem is that we now have too much information. Scheduled build, start of build, end of build, shipped...If you were clueless until you were told to come pick it up, you wouldn't have been nearly as frustrated I bet. You don't know if your Mazda sat on a dock for 3 weeks somewhere along the line, right?

Someone will buy the Stang you ordered off the lot and be very happy with it. Hardly anyone makes your decision for a car they really want. So what problem should Ford actually solve here? Give you even more information to hold against them when something goes wrong?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
239 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Mazda is partially owned by Ford, so you technically still gave them some of your money. I feel for you on not getting your GT though man, I would be incredibly pissed as well.
Mazda bought back out from ford. Used to be owned by a part of ford

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
LOL, every generation says that. When you're two generations out, you'll laugh at the one behind you for being surprised by the one behind them. It's normal. I've seen some stats that seem to dispute that the "next generation" is behind the previous one in most ways. It's usually the opposite. They're just different. I do think that this PC insanity that has swept America has turned spines to Jello though. Kids now have no clue what this country was founded on. That's what scares me.
So true. I guess I'm getting old lol. It must be something in the water around here because my fiancee and I have had some laughs over it here lately. A cashier couldn't understand when a guy was giving her 20.01 to get an even 10.00 back. She made a little scene over it lol. There are other instances more often the past couple of years. I'm sure the generations before me were even better.

·
Banned
166 Posts
So true. I guess I'm getting old lol. It must be something in the water around here because my fiancee and I have had some laughs over it here lately. A cashier couldn't understand when a guy was giving her 20.01 to get an even 10.00 back. She made a little scene over it lol. There are other instances more often the past couple of years. I'm sure the generations before me were even better.
LMFAO!! She's probably not an idiot. People are used to cards now and those old school cash exchange tricks are new to them. Very funny though. I can imagine how funny that would be.

·
Registered
121 Posts

I just love going into a fast food dump and wait until they punch in the 20.00 tendered for a 10.05 sale, then give them 5 cents, the deer in the headlights look is priceless.
back to the OP problem, IMHO, some one is lying if they think I will believe they have no one to fill in for one person on vacation for shipping in a complete region.
One man goes on vacation and NO one can find OR ship anything for the region.
Imagine if that man suddenly fell dead from a heart attack.
The whole regional shipping would come to a dead ( pun intended)
stop until a new manager could be trained.
NOT
JMHO
Mike

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
True story...

I picked up an item for $1.99 at K-Mart and hand the cashier $2.13 (7% sales tax). She looks at it strangely but continues to ring up the sale. When the register tells her $2.13, she looks at the money and asks, "How did you know that?"
Me: Seven cents tax on the dollar times two dollars.
Her: That's amazing. You should work here.
Me: Thanks but I can't afford the lobotomy.

I wonder if she ever looked up what "lobotomy" means. :smartass:

F

·
0 Posts
Hi. I ordered a 2013 GT Premium w/ track pack and Recaros on April 28th...it was shipped out on July 7th or so. Somehow between MI and WI, it got stuck in IL and there was not even an eta for when it would get to WI. I was informed of this a month ago, and the only reason I knew about it was because of Deysha. My Dealership was useless and never once told me anything and insisted that I couldn't get any more info from Ford.

Fast forward to two weeks ago when I got fed up and called Ford directly and opened a case with the midwest regional customer service rep. He told me that the only guy that dealt with shipping (yes, apparently there is only ONE person from Ford who deals with shipping in the midwest) was on vacation and that he "had never seen this happen before" because "they don't have shipping problems" and that he would try to get me my Mustang before "it was too cold to drive it". Eventually it got to the point where I called him several times a day but my calls were never returned until a day or two later. He called me yesterday to let me know that he still had no information on the status of the car and that the one shipping person was still on vacation.

Anyways, I got tired of dealing with all of this and cancelled the order. Everyone I have told this story to cannot believe it, and several people who have heard this story have told me that they will be looking elsewhere for their next car. I understand that shipping delays can happen, but this has been almost a month at this point and I have heard nothing from Ford as to why it is stuck in IL; they kept blowing me off. I would like to thank Deysha for her awesome service. If the rest of Ford had employees that were as dedicated as her, this situation would have turned out differently. If anyone has any questions about the dealership or experience in general, feel free to PM me or ask them in this thread. Thanks.
Thank you for the kudos, jakk. I wish the outcome would've been different and faster. :embarrassed Have a nice day!

Deysha

21 - 37 of 37 Posts