Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 mustang GT but what gets me down is that I can't burn out due to the automatic trans. It has a program that prevents me from burning out by cutting off fuel an a little green tire on my dash lights up. How do I get rid of this stupid Program? I plan to invest money in this car soon but it would be nice if there was nothing to hold me back.

All help is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
You should have a button (TRACTION CONTROL) on the dash next to the rear defroster and your fog lights buttons , when the light is on ,you traction control is OFF!
BURNOUT TILL YOUR TIRES FALL OFF :laughlitt

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Gotta love traction control hehe like he said button is between fog lights and rear window defroster. Hope you got a tire guy as your best friends buddy.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
stangsrock said:
I have a 2002 mustang GT but what gets me down is that I can't burn out due to the automatic trans. It has a program that prevents me from burning out by cutting off fuel an a little green tire on my dash lights up. How do I get rid of this stupid Program? I plan to invest money in this car soon but it would be nice if there was nothing to hold me back.

All help is greatly appreciated.
The automatic transmission has nothing to do with you not being able to do a burn out.
The guys above gave you the info you need.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Actually infact, a automatic is better for "burn outs" because you can just hold brake down a littble bit and press gas down and get it to burn out easier than ... doing what i gotta do rev, then pull clutch out quickly pressing brake... i havent mastered heel toe meathod. lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
You got it!!! Hit the button!!! My '01 GT Auto make a meal of those $260 tires!!!:drink::laughlitt

·
Registered
276 Posts
yep, don't have to touch my breaks. Just stand on the accelerator and the car just sits there and spins and smokes. I obviously need to upgrade my suspension. But oh, turn the traction control off first. Ha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.