Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the life of me I can't seem to clean the inside of my windsheild without leaving it streaked.. And I'm going crazy.

I use rainx 2 in 1 rain repllent + glass cleaner.

I have tried spraying it on the window then wiping it off with paper towels and I have also tried spraying the cleaner onto a microfiber cloth then cleaning the window then taking a 2nd cloth and wiping it down.

I typically try and dry off in a circular pattern..

It is killing me that I can not accomplish the most basic of cleaning tasks haha. What am I doing wrong?

My family suggested using newspapers to dry but not really fond of the idea of black ink all over my hands?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
So for the life of me I can't seem to clean the inside of my windsheild without leaving it streaked.. And I'm going crazy.

I use rainx 2 in 1 rain repllent + glass cleaner.

I have tried spraying it on the window then wiping it off with paper towels and I have also tried spraying the cleaner onto a microfiber cloth then cleaning the window then taking a 2nd cloth and wiping it down.

I typically try and dry off in a circular pattern..

It is killing me that I can not accomplish the most basic of cleaning tasks haha. What am I doing wrong?

My family suggested using newspapers to dry but not really fond of the idea of black ink all over my hands?
try it when the window isnt so hot.. i know that helped me out.. it was so hot the other day that it evaporated the liquid i used before i could wipe it up... like early morning

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Just try the newspaper. It's an old wives trick, but supposedly it works.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
the old wives trick is newspaper and vinegar, from before paper towels and windex were everyday household items.

·
Registered
677 Posts
you have got to be kidding----are you spoon fed too
/

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm not really a big fan of RainX or anything else like wipers that lay silicone on the glass. I think that stuff makes it streaky.

I use Stoner Invisble Glass and newspaper, in the garage and out of the sun, to clean the glass and mirrors. It's crystal clear.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I now swear by Stoner's too. I use it with a micro fiber glass cloth, but use newspaper to get any left over streaks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you have got to be kidding----are you spoon fed too
/
Typical procedures are if you can't figure out yourself after multiple times with multiple methods to ask others for adviec. But apparently someone pissed in your cereal today so your not much use.

Thanks for the constructive post. :bigthumbsup

-

As for the actual helpful individuals.. Thank you

I recall all the times I cleaned the windows were typically when it was hot outside or after having just recently driven and not having been parked in the shade for long at all. I will try when the windows aren't hot this time and look into the Stoner's Invisisble Glass.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Personally, if some one was to offer to feed me, I'd totally let them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
+1 on Stoners Invisible Glass. Use with a cotton towel or newspaper. Great stuff, and no streaks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i throw my vote in for Invisible Glass too. works wonders!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Personally, if some one was to offer to feed me, I'd totally let them.
Lol, it think it entirely depends whos offering to feed you.

Jessica Alba sure..

Bubba from prison.. not so much..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use one of the cleaning tools that is a triangular plastic pad with a short handle on it . The triangular piece has a micro fiber pad on it . Mine is a Glass Master but I think Wallyworld has them . It is easy to reach corners of the windshield and back light . Stoners is what I use also .

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
It's the product that you are using. I too have that bottle I used on my 99 Camaro, and it would always leave streaks. Don't use it for the interior of your car, use a glass cleaner.

On the note of newspaper: YES, it works. I would always clean my home windows with glass cleaner and newspaper and never a streak.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So this time I used Windex to clean my windows and when cleaning the inside applied it to microfiber towels then cleaned the windows. I also did it in my garage after the car was in there the whole morning so it was much cooler.

There were less streaks visible.. But only slightly.. I'll be swinging by Walmart later to purchase some of the Stoners invisble glass and will try microfibers or go ahead and use newspaper.

Out of curiosity, when you all clean the inside. Do you spray the cleaning liquid directly on to windshield(not easy to do so it doesnt get on dash) or do you apply it to the cleaning cloth/newspaper then clean the window.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'm not really a big fan of RainX or anything else like wipers that lay silicone on the glass. I think that stuff makes it streaky.

I use Stoner Invisble Glass and newspaper, in the garage and out of the sun, to clean the glass and mirrors. It's crystal clear.
I now swear by Stoner's too. I use it with a micro fiber glass cloth, but use newspaper to get any left over streaks.
+1 on Stoners Invisible Glass. Use with a cotton towel or newspaper. Great stuff, and no streaks.
i throw my vote in for Invisible Glass too. works wonders!
+100 stoners. Great products.
+1 (more). This stuff is great for the glass although I wouldn't use it until they offered it in a spray bottle because the aerosol can put out a fine mist that almost hung in the air; guaranteed some would land on your paint or leather, etc.. So get the spray (pump) version. There may be better stuff on-line, but Invisible Glass is the best I ever found at local stores.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.