Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats everyone's opinion? Im building my bottom end up and can't decide on a KB or twin turbo. I currently have a saleen series IV but need more power.

The turbo's are about 1k-2k more than the 2.6KB depending on the TT set up but you have way more options for future mods.

The car isn't my daily driver but still want something reliable for the odd trip and no hassles.

Thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
supercharger... for sure

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
How much power are you putting down with those mods, seems like you told us before but i cant remember, but sounds like that car should be hauling ass already. But anyways, go for the 2.6 KB..all the way man, no questions about it. With the mods you have that car would be a nasty ****. But it all depends on what kind of power you want, turbo will make ya some big power as well but in my opinion just arent as much fun. (just my opinion.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much power are you putting down with those mods, seems like you told us before but i cant remember, but sounds like that car should be hauling ass already. But anyways, go for the 2.6 KB..all the way man, no questions about it. With the mods you have that car would be a nasty ****. But it all depends on what kind of power you want, turbo will make ya some big power as well but in my opinion just arent as much fun. (just my opinion.)

only 322rwhp, had my mind set on the KB until i talked to the engine builder and he said twin turbo all the way. I know the KB will give me loads of power especially with the bottom built up and i already have a 7.5" lower and i planned on pulley'n the KB to around 15ish.

it would be alot different to drive going from a twin screw to a turbo for sure and i love the low end boost i got already from the saleen i couldn't imagine a KB.

the only up side to turbo's, is when in the future if i want i can get 700rwhp . right now im shooting for high ish 500 to the wheels.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
How much boost are you running with the saleen? 322rwhp sounds low, but at least its safe. Well, good luck with the tt built engine, its gonna be beastly, let us know ho it goes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much boost are you running with the saleen? 322rwhp sounds low, but at least its safe. Well, good luck with the tt built engine, its gonna be beastly, let us know ho it goes.
about 10psi. stock pulley but a 7.5 lower. Tune is safe, it was done on a mustangdynameter. I am pretty sure they read lower but the car isn't where i want it yet.

I will let you know what i go with and get some pics and dyno sheets first thing next spring.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm working to build a motor to harness a TT kit from HP Performance. Going turbo mainly because I've already done the superchargers and nitrous routes.

·
Registered
271 Posts
its really all about what you want out of the car. the turbos will give you more peak power without a doubt but the supercharger willgive you power from the second you turn it on. but if its just a weekend car i say turbo.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I say S/C, nothing like that whine at WOT. :woohoo:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I say turbo, more horsepower per pound of boost. The KB would sound mean as hell though. with the twin turbo you wont have terrible boost lag either, and you will get better gas mileage cuz you wont be running off the crank. Let s know what you decide. Plus a turbo car sounds incredible when you are inside of them, and you can fool people then as soon as they start spoolin' up, hold on!!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
+1 on the KB the instant boost I think would be a better street car even if its just a weekend car.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Unless your car sees lots of track time then you might want the potential of the TT as well as the top end power.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well with a work truck and a truck for winter i barely drive the car. I am sorta leaning towards the KB, on another forum one guy had a good point, "when i start a project it leads me in the direction it wants to go and i stick to it", i didn't hear about kenne bell until after i bought my saleen and i wasn't satisfied. After research i knew all i wanted was a KB.

I think im going to stick with my first instinct.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
TT offer more in the absolute power, kb offers the driveability and response. If your final goal is in the 700hp range, you can go either way, but a tt setup can hit 1000+hp, I don't think a kb can on the street. Personally I'd go kb, I've had tt cars and they are a b***h to tune for the street, but they kick you in the seat like nothing else.

·
Registered
181 Posts
So Darwin what have you decided? I did alot of reading about the KB and a TT set up for my friend's car awhile back, and really street wise I think the KB offers more all around driveability and I would say alot nicer for street set up/ track aswell due to the tuning of a turbod car I would say it would be a pain in the ass to go that ruite, so when are you building the car? If it is not this winter then come spring we will have to go for a run sometime :heha:. I am looking at either nitto 555r's this winter or just getting some M/T slicks and throwing them on a set of turbine rims so then i would hook for once ha...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So Darwin what have you decided? I did alot of reading about the KB and a TT set up for my friend's car awhile back, and really street wise I think the KB offers more all around driveability and I would say alot nicer for street set up/ track aswell due to the tuning of a turbod car I would say it would be a pain in the ass to go that ruite, so when are you building the car? If it is not this winter then come spring we will have to go for a run sometime :heha:. I am looking at either nitto 555r's this winter or just getting some M/T slicks and throwing them on a set of turbine rims so then i would hook for once ha...

the cars already parked and the trans is out, tomorrow the engine will be out and then send it away to get built up. ya i got the 555r's, there good tires for now but wont be come spring! im pretty sure im goin KB though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
the cars already parked and the trans is out, tomorrow the engine will be out and then send it away to get built up. ya i got the 555r's, there good tires for now but wont be come spring! im pretty sure im goin KB though.

Ahh right on, Come spring I am hoping to have all these parts installed I have and a few things done. The goal is 12's but who knows. So are you getting Jesse to build it then for you or..? I am prob getting him to do some of my work aswell, I was out at his place and checked everything out and he is deff a good guy and his dyno records book is quite impressive. So the question is.. How much boost do you plan on running now :scratchchin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.