Ford Mustang Forum banner

Cant figure out cd player wiring

850 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  aviator05 
#1 ·
I just bought a 1998 black 3.8 liter mustang. The cd player AMS buttons wouldn't work right and so I bought a new cd player. A guy from work said he could help me hard wire it instead of buying a wiring harness for the car. Needless to say he had me start cutting the wires to the cd player. Now nothing works. How do I hard wire it now that the adapter has been cut off? If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it!!!

#2 ·
With all due respect, you should not have cut the wires. I think wal-mart has the wiring harnesses for like $7. I know that doesn't help you now, but I just wanted to mention it for anyone else that reads this thread.

As for your situation, you should be able to pull up the wire colors on google, or you could get them from a local stereo shop. (they might charge you for the info) But remember, if you wire the + & - wrong, the speakers will be out of phase and you'll lose all of your bass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.