Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh, took 4500 miles to do it, but I finally grinded the gears going into 1st.

Such a horrible noise!

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've ground down second several times when I was spaced out and let the clutch out before it was all the way in gear. The noise is godawful. Wonder what it sounds like to the guy in the next car?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost scares the crap outta ya

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I've missed and grinded as well....

oh the shame.....:sosad:

·
Registered
758 Posts
I've had them ground down a couple times smells great also....

I'm noticing tho that when it happens the stick seems to partially leave the current gear then the upper half bends which makes me think its in the next gear and then comes the grinding. Anyone else notice this? It really sucks and is a nice safty issue when you cant get it in gear when passing :/

·
Registered
622 Posts
the stang is such a short throw compared to my winter car I was grinding second all the time for the first few weeks of winter :sterb:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I let my Mom drive the GT a couple of times. Cracks me up! This woman had driven a stick longer than I've been alive...she doesn't grind 'em, but I can't count how many times she throws straight from 2nd to 5th! :laughlitt

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
:doh: luckily all i have ever done so far is kill it a couple of times when i wasnt paying attention to WTF i was doing......grinding the gears in a new stang...whew!... i bet that sound is worse than scratching on a chalkboard...

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Stoenr said:
Ugh, took 4500 miles to do it, but I finally grinded the gears going into 1st.

Such a horrible noise!
4500 miles and you STILL don't know how to shift that pony????:laughlitt

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hah, you would think so.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Once when I was shifting from 1st to 2nd I didn't get it into second all the way before I let my foot off the clutch, big Clunk sound as it dropped out of gear. I have been driving standards since I learned to drive but this transmission is strange.

·
Registered
478 Posts
nothing worse than doing it at a stoplight when I am trying to look all cool and stuff.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha, exactly

·
Registered
26 Posts
bigplayrayr said:
nothing worse than doing it at a stoplight when I am trying to look all cool and stuff.
Nothing like grinding from 1st to 2nd in front of admirers at the mall parking lot...I think the clunk of my pride hitting the floor was louder than the transmission

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.