Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it seems like I can't get every thing to fall into place so I can get some real runs in. the last time I was out was it was the first week track was opean and it snowed only got two runs in and almost lost it in second backed out and ran 13.0 around 110. I have not gotten to race since rain week after week gasser nats oldies rase you name it.So I have ddecided to start running on wed nights which sucks the track is 45 miles from my house and getting there after work is a rush.I realy think the car can run 12.0 maybe 11.99 if like I siad I can just get all the stars to line up.Iam going tomarow night and I have my fingers crossed for no rain.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Hope everything works out....shouldn't have to worry about snow this time. Lol.
Be safe and let is know how it went of you do make it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I just want to see if all the work i did over the winter payed off.I keep thinking I would like to go with 347 stroker but I like my gas milage.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hope everything works out for you.
Keep us informed.
What did you do over the winter?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
with a 110mph trap, low 12's/high 11's are very do-able with 1.6-1.5 60ft times

whats the combo/setup consist of?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it didnt happen I drove the 56miles from my work to thompson raceway only to get rained out.over the winter I had the gt40p heads reworked with port job and had the gt40 intake done at same time new injectors 125 wet kit and dyno tune .I all so have bcam under drives cold air kit and all the usual stuff.I have 373s inback running bf goodrich 27/10/15 slick tire my best 60ft is 1.7 still smoking some off line need better tires.I realy think she has 115mph in her if i can just get to run it all out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
what's snow....oh the white stuff lol. nice thing about cali low elevation and no snow and not a lot of ran

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
I all so have bcam
well my friend..you are all set to go fast.

with that cam,you'll be the life of parties you dont attend...

so many women will throw themselves at you,you'll need to fight them off with a stick,or the above mentioned cam...

:worship:worship:worship

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
well it didnt happen I drove the 56miles from my work to thompson raceway only to get rained out.over the winter I had the gt40p heads reworked with port job and had the gt40 intake done at same time new injectors 125 wet kit and dyno tune .I all so have bcam under drives cold air kit and all the usual stuff.I have 373s inback running bf goodrich 27/10/15 slick tire my best 60ft is 1.7 still smoking some off line need better tires.I realy think she has 115mph in her if i can just get to run it all out.
Sorry it didn't happen. Thompson track is where my dad use to take .e with his car when I was a kid.

so many women will throw themselves at you,you'll need to fight them off with a stick,or the above mentioned cam...

O'lord!...........

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I ran at quaker city raceway tonight had a real bad head wind but all around good night. I ran a first pass of 12.45 1.71 60ft at 108.9 ran a total of three runs with a 12.37 best time.I am still smoking the hides for the first 10ft or so.I now have to do something with that stock suspension if I want to get any more out of this car.allthough thompson is about 2tens faster then quaker.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

Your wife know bout this? :laugh:

well I ran at quaker city raceway tonight had a real bad head wind but all around good night. I ran a first pass of 12.45 1.71 60ft at 108.9 ran a total of three runs with a 12.37 best time.I am still smoking the hides for the first 10ft or so.I now have to do something with that stock suspension if I want to get any more out of this car.allthough thompson is about 2tens faster then quaker.
Glad ya got to run
With a DIFFERENT BETTER CAM, you woulda ran a 12.0 or 11.99 :rollgrin:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats what Iam told and told and told someday soon Iam going to take it out of daily driver life maybe this coming year and when I do Iam going 408 with all the goodies and you can bet you back side that a alphabet cam will not be in it.maybe 347 what do you all think?also with all the cams out today whats the top dog cam out who is making the most power and all around performance what do you all think?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
thats what Iam told and told and told someday soon Iam going to take it out of daily driver life maybe this coming year and when I do Iam going 408 with all the goodies and you can bet you back side that a alphabet cam will not be in it.maybe 347 what do you all think?also with all the cams out today whats the top dog cam out who is making the most power and all around performance what do you all think?
He's seen the light Reggie! :smartass:

A custom cam would the best "Top dog" cam of all because it will be made specifically for all your other components! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok that makes good sense.now what do you think is the best all round stroker 331/347/408/427and why I was told to go 331 over 347 because they say you can make same power with more reliability.I was told 408 more cubes the better.so on and so on but like the alphabet cams I think guys by what popular and whats common but when the time comes for cash to hit the table whats eveyone going to buy.:winks

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Here we go again........
NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!!!!!! Lol.

347 based off a 302........ 408 based off a 351.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well I happen to agree with you 100% you are talking to a guy that stuffed a 468 big block in a 65 chevy short bed truck but I will bet that alot of guys out there think there is no replacement for the 302 based strokers.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I debated whether to go with a 302 based stroker or a 351 based one for a while. In the end what decided it for me was that a bigger motor doesn't have to work as hard to make the same power as a smaller one and thus should be more reliable long term.

Guys are making real good power with 347's but to reach the same power numbers with a 408 I'll be turning less rpms. The more you wind them, the more fragile they are.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I debated whether to go with a 302 based stroker or a 351 based one for a while. In the end what decided it for me was that a bigger motor doesn't have to work as hard to make the same power as a smaller one and thus should be more reliable long term.

Guys are making real good power with 347's but to reach the same power numbers with a 408 I'll be turning less rpms. The more you wind them, the more fragile they are.
Good way of putting it!

Overall, it just depends on how deep your pockets are.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.