Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put a short throw shifter in.. but unfortantly my tag on the door is unreadable and all i can find underneath is just the tremec stamp... is it a 3550/tko or the 500/600.. was looing at the steeda.. which one do i need...???

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
should be a t-45

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so which short throw should i buy??? been wanting one for a long time.. just got the taxes back...:yup:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
get a steeda tri-ax. its awesome. its gonna feel so different.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
i want to put a short throw shifter in.. but unfortantly my tag on the door is unreadable and all i can find underneath is just the tremec stamp... is it a 3550/tko or the 500/600.. was looing at the steeda.. which one do i need...???
It could be either a T-45 or a TR-3650 both are Tremec transmissions. 2001 was suppose to be the year that ford stopped using the T-45 and started using the TR-3650. However I have seen some 01' with T-45...I think it just depends on when they ran out of them and what the manufacturing date is for your car.

If it has anything other then a T-45 or TR-3650 in it...then its not stock.

We really need pictures of the transmission to help you out. They need to be clear pictures of the entire thing and pictures of the bell housing to help any more then this.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
It could be either a 3650 or T45, depends, you can find out using the vin, just call a dealer or any shop with alldata

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
apperently if the drain plug on the trans points towards the side its a t45 .. if its down its a 3550 .. anyway i just bought the steeda... cantwwaaaaaaaitttttt.. bought the halo headlamps recently to.. havent got them yet.. my stock ones are just sandblasted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts