Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I was just wondering how much abuse a stock 4R70W Automatic Transmission can take? Does it hurt it to floor it in overdrive?, and how much hp can they handle?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
V6racer04 said:
Hello

I was just wondering how much abuse a stock 4R70W Automatic Transmission can take? Does it hurt it to floor it in overdrive?, and how much hp can they handle?

Thanks
It's computer controlled, and the same tranny as the GT, you don't have much to worry about as far as teh transmission goes.

The important thing is to NOT try to shift the transmission manually, this can trap fluid in the bands and destroy the transmission in short order.

Just leave it in drive, and let the computer do the shifting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been shifting manually, from 1st, 2nd, to overdrive. I had no Idea it was that hard on the transmission. Is it better to leave it in overdrive or put it in drive when flooring it?, or does it even matter?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
V6racer04 said:
I have been shifting manually, from 1st, 2nd, to overdrive. I had no Idea it was that hard on the transmission. Is it better to leave it in overdrive or put it in drive when flooring it?, or does it even matter?

It doesn't matter.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Just put one foot on the brake, with the other, hold the RPMs as high as you can without wheelspin, and then simultaneously release the brake and stomp the rest of the way on the gas.

That's all you need to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.