1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
95 Posts
While Camaro and Mustang may still not have much to worry about, the Dodge Challenger has certainly become a more serious challenger.
Ugh, the writing! The challenger has become more of a challenger?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
47 big ones for the loaded version plus dealer markup... no thanks. It does sound good though.
Not any worse then the DipSheets paying over sticker for a Boss and look at all of the people that did the same for a GT500, now you can pick them up for 4-5k under sticker...
I guess if you want to putter around saying look how stupid I am, I paid over sticker, then its not a bad thing...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Beautiful car, to say the least, but just not my style. :shiny:

·
Registered
83 Posts
It may have become more of a challenger... But its still aint no champion.. Challengers will get destroyed again any of their mustang trim level equivalents.

They're too fat.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I would not even be worried to race one of these. 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392

I'm an old Mopar fan, but for that kind of money I would expect way more performance (cars to big, too heavy). Lots of body roll around curves and the same quarter mile times as a way cheaper GT.

Did anyone catch the comment about the Tremec? "Shifts well as long as you don't rush it". Those of you lamenting the Tremec in the Mustang be careful. You might get what you wish for (meaining it might not be any better).

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
it sounds nice for sure, but I aint paying no where near that price for one! I could do w/o the stripes and that interior is hideous

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
those cars are just to heavy. love the engine tho.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Just before I bought my 2011 GTCS... 3 cars were on my agenda, Challenger SRT8, Camaro SS and Mustang GT... My wife's cousin's girlfriend was kind enough to lend me her 1 month old SS while they went to England for a vacation... car looks good, but the interior just sucks,you're definitely sitting in a pit,no matter how you adjusted the seat,the belt line is crazy high...a trunk that about holds a dozen condoms ( and forget about putting a golf bag in there, not gonna happen) and an incredibly vague steering feedback,crossed that off my list real fast.
The Challenger SRT8 in my opinion had way more to offer than the SS,seating is good,tons of room front and back, great trunk space for those weekend jaunts to the cottage and looked overall pretty cool, BUT I did not like the heaviness about the whole car,cornering is downright loose from flinging it's weight around, suspension could have used some better spring rates to counteract this... and a stout motor that felt good, but ran out of wind, again because of the weight it had to deal with!
Took the Mustang out for a test drive, that was on a thursday,called the sales man back on friday morning and asked for an extended drive,to a town some 30 KM away and I'd buy him breakfast,which he agreed to LOL and within halfway there I KNEW this was MY ride, when we got back,I officially made it mine, and never looked back,oh and a HUGE thank you goes out to FMC for a job well done! :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
420 Posts
I too shopped all 3 when deciding what I was going to buy... I loved the look and the sound of the Challenger, but it was just too much money to spend on a car that fat and slow (comparably speaking). I'm not a Ford/Mopar/Chevy guy, just a guy who wants the most bang for his hard earned buck. Had the Challenger been priced the same as the Mustang, I'd likely be driving one of those. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Not any worse then the DipSheets paying over sticker for a Boss and look at all of the people that did the same for a GT500, now you can pick them up for 4-5k under sticker...
I guess if you want to putter around saying look how stupid I am, I paid over sticker, then its not a bad thing...
Please tell us where we can buy a 2012 GT500 for 4-5 grand under sticker ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I liked the comfort and power of the Challenger, but it was pig around corners. If the suspension was tuned more for the weight of the car, I would've gotten it. The Mustang won me over because it was simply a blast to drive......and it put a huge smile on my face.

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Did anyone catch the comment about the Tremec? "Shifts well as long as you don't rush it". Those of you lamenting the Tremec in the Mustang be careful. You might get what you wish for (meaining it might not be any better).
You do know it's a Getrag tranny in the 2011 and later, right? A lot of people are wishing for the Tremec because it's different than the Getrag MT82 they have.

G

·
0 Posts
You do know it's a Getrag tranny in the 2011 and later, right? A lot of people are wishing for the Tremec because it's different than the Getrag MT82 they have.

I think his point about the people whining about the Getrag would regret putting in the Tremec as it would not be any better.

I agree some people just want something different than what they have now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wonder if that pistol grip shifter will bolt up to the Mustang??

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
the 392 has great power, i just don't ever see it being competitive with a car like the mustang just because of the heavy sedan platform that it is based on vs the comparably light and nimble chassis of the mustang.

i still think "boat" when i see one. if grand touring is your thing, it would be a fine choice but for all around sporty driving, i think it is a fluke.

oh and it is faster in the 1/4 mile than the 2011 mustang gt. the 392 consistently pulls off mid 12's which only an elite driver on a day with good weather can consistently pull off in a 2011 gt. besides, with it's price tag, it is meant to compete with a gt500 which let's face it folks, destroys the 392 in almost every single way besides maybe comfort?

·
Registered
872 Posts
They forgot to mention the gas guzzler tax, which the 550hp Shelby doesn't have! :bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.