Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you think are the most popular and least popular colors for the '05s? I'm not leaving you "06 owners out for any reason except there isn't enough data. In our club there are probably 20 05's. Fully half are Redfire. There are 2 Torch Red convertibles, one Windveil Convertible, one Legend Lime Coupe and one Cobalt Blue Coupe. 2 Silvers and one Black round out the field. No white or yellow cars yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know this is not normal (very little with me is) but I've ONLY seen the Lime and WB around. Pretty sure they're '05's since I saw them a while back. I've also come across a Black. In all, I have not seen as many as I thought I would given the huge sales hit the S197 has been. Maybe I just hang out in the wrong places!:)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm originally from Philly and was back there on vacation in July. In the 10 days I was there I saw only 2 Mustangs on the road. You guys are a deprived lot :eyepoppin

G

·
In my town, Mineral Grey is the most popular color with 3 of em (all GTs, counting mine) here. I know of 2 silver 05s (one v6 one GT), 1 white 05 (vert v6), 1 torch red 05 (vert GT), one redfire GT, one sonic blue v6 & I've heard there is a windveil blue gt in town, but haven't actually seen it.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Full Spectrum of Colors

Here in Northern California, I have seen several of just about every color. Here at work alone, there is a a WB V-6 Vert, a Black V-6 hardtop, and a Yellow GT Vert, plus I have a Black GT Vert. Then on the road, I have seen all of the colors, for I usually see 4-5 Mustangs every day on the freeways and on the city streets. I see a lot of black, silver, and redfire, with a significant amount of yellow, legend lime, performance white, and torch red, and very little of mineral grey, WB, or the other blue. Although, I have yet to run into another black one while I am driving my Black GT Vert. I park next to the yellow Vert here at work.

·
Registered
260 Posts
2horseowner said:
So what do you think are the most popular and least popular colors for the '05s?
Mineral Grey is by far the most popular color nationally by an exceedingly wide margin. Everyone knows this.

It holds the unique distinction of being the only color NOT pictured in the '05 Mustang brochure - except for a teensy-weensy tiny picture at the very back, at the top of the specs- simply because doing anything more revealing would have resulted in a critical and unrecoverable Mineral Grey paint shortage in the Flat Rock plant. There's only so much paint in the world, for cripe's sake.

Rampant speculation has been abounding in the automotive press and stock market that Ford sales may plummet in '06 due to the non-availability of Mineral Grey since it was replaced by Tungsten Grey. There is a severe risk that '07 may switch to Shadow Grey which is nice, but this still means a two-year haitus for strong Mustang sales until Ford cycles back to Mineral Grey in '08, potentially (but not yet confirmed).

Feelings of general malaise and uncertainty have been present in the populace of the entire nation since the end of the '05 model year and sociologists are growing more concerned every day about this. Admit it: if you step outside right now and take a long look around, and listen to the distant moaning, you can sense this despair yourself, can't you?

These are dark days indeed. There is a pestilence among the land, and we Mineral Grey pilots are doing our best to drive our cars amid the common folk in order to bring cheer and hope to their overwhelmingly saddened lives. Fill your tanks and pack some munchies in the backseat, Mineralites, we have a long mission ahead of us!

Oh...LEAST popular color was Orange I think. Didn't see ONE of 'em, darnit!!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
As a member of the Black Mustang Club, I cling to the answer of Black. Having said that though, Sonic Blue is so conspicuously missing from the lineup, that it must be that it is earmarked for the Mustang Shelby. Sonic blue is really cool.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stoopy said:
Mineral Grey is by far the most popular color nationally by an exceedingly wide margin. Everyone knows this.

It holds the unique distinction of being the only color NOT pictured in the '05 Mustang brochure - except for a teensy-weensy tiny picture at the very back, at the top of the specs- simply because doing anything more revealing would have resulted in a critical and unrecoverable Mineral Grey paint shortage in the Flat Rock plant. There's only so much paint in the world, for cripe's sake.

Rampant speculation has been abounding in the automotive press and stock market that Ford sales may plummet in '06 due to the non-availability of Mineral Grey since it was replaced by Tungsten Grey. There is a severe risk that '07 may switch to Shadow Grey which is nice, but this still means a two-year haitus for strong Mustang sales until Ford cycles back to Mineral Grey in '08, potentially (but not yet confirmed).

Feelings of general malaise and uncertainty have been present in the populace of the entire nation since the end of the '05 model year and sociologists are growing more concerned every day about this. Admit it: if you step outside right now and take a long look around, and listen to the distant moaning, you can sense this despair yourself, can't you?

These are dark days indeed. There is a pestilence among the land, and we Mineral Grey pilots are doing our best to drive our cars amid the common folk in order to bring cheer and hope to their overwhelmingly saddened lives. Fill your tanks and pack some munchies in the backseat, Mineralites, we have a long mission ahead of us!

Well, Mineral Gray was my first choice but when I arrived at the dealer to check it out it was gone - the lone GT on the lot was Redfire - my second choice. But I must say, other than the fact that the majority of club cars are Redfire (no Mineral Gray cars), it is a Purrty beastie. I'm happy with the second choice off the lot. I couldn't wait for an ordered car.

·
Registered
394 Posts
2horseowner said:
So what do you think are the most popular and least popular colors for the '05s? I'm not leaving you "06 owners out for any reason except there isn't enough data. In our club there are probably 20 05's. Fully half are Redfire. There are 2 Torch Red convertibles, one Windveil Convertible, one Legend Lime Coupe and one Cobalt Blue Coupe. 2 Silvers and one Black round out the field. No white or yellow cars yet.
Let's not forget my Sonic Blue Convertible!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
well in the st. louis area i have seen more blues and reds than any other colors. though i have seen every sample of colors here but by far the blues and reds are most popular it seems. i have the satin silver and seen 2 of those. one v6 and the other a gt

·
Registered
15 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Let's not forget my Sonic Blue Convertible!!!
A second from me!!

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Stoopy said:

I nominate Stoopy to be the Poet Laureate of AFM...great writing!

I've been really surprised how FEW '05s I've seen in the ninth richest county in the whole U.S. (Montgomery, MD)...where every other car on the road is a Beemer/Benzer/Lexus. Out of the dozen or so spotted, black has been the leader (three?), a couple of Legend Limers, and one-off's of everything else.

Bollocks on Montgomery County...gimme the heartland, any day...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Stoopy, you've got waaaaay too much time on your hands. :worship How about a soliloquy for performance white with red stripes. That ought to set roboz off.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks Stoopy. You finally gave me the answer to why my Mineral Gray GT took 6 months to get to me after I ordered it. All that time it was because of the global paint shortage. Now I have to apologize to Ford for thinking they were incompetant and blame myelf and all us other "GRAY" people for the long delay. Great Color.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Awww shucks...(hangs head down and drags toe in dirt).....wasn't nuthin'.....Junior, you got it right, I was just postponing doing some REAL work.......even though its all true about the color.......someone had to say it....... LOL! :D

As for what to say about white with red stripes...Hmmmm...(rubs chin)....gonna take a while to give it justice. Saw a white 'stang with black stripes coming at me the other day and I swear it was more than I expected, my jaw dropped open. I mean it looked NASTY-MEAN in a way I wouldn't have figured. Pictures on the internet just can't cpnvey what it looks like in person.

Haven't seen one with red stripes in person yet, maybe a good thing since I'm not sure I could handle the excitement.....left my nitroglycerin pills at home so maybe it's best not to talk about it right now!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Stangman05 said:
well in the st. louis area i have seen more blues and reds than any other colors. though i have seen every sample of colors here but by far the blues and reds are most popular it seems. i have the satin silver and seen 2 of those. one v6 and the other a gt
I hardly ever see Sonic Blue, for a while I saw a few Windveil Blues. But I see yellow,mineral gray and redfire alot, Legend Lime every one in a while and black every so often. Saint Louis City representing, My Dirty. :cool:

G

·
Stoopy said:
Amen brother... amen!

·
Registered
184 Posts
There are tons of V6s here in north Alabama, in every color except Mineral Gray and the blues. Fewer GTs, and even fewer GT Verts. Most popular color is probably the reds (University of Alabama's colors are red & white), then black, then white. There are only two yellows that I know of, me and a V6 vert. Only one Legend Lime and only one Mineral Gray. I haven't seen either color of blue here, but saw a Sonic Blue in Atlanta (sharp!!).You know, its funny, when I was picking out my color from the brochure, I thought Mineral Gray would be such a boring color for a sports car. But since I've seen it in person in 3D, I LOVE it! It has so many different colors in the metalflakes and such a beautiful glow in the sunlight!

·
Registered
24 Posts
zregime said:
I nominate Stoopy to be the Poet Laureate of AFM...great writing!

I've been really surprised how FEW '05s I've seen in the ninth richest county in the whole U.S. (Montgomery, MD)...where every other car on the road is a Beemer/Benzer/Lexus. Out of the dozen or so spotted, black has been the leader (three?), a couple of Legend Limers, and one-off's of everything else.

Bollocks on Montgomery County...gimme the heartland, any day...
Come north to Baltimore--Land of the Legend Lime. Two up here, plus numerous blacks, yellows, reds, a white or two, WB's, they're all here.

Mr. Toad

LLR #0063
'05 GT Vert

·
Registered
51 Posts
OK..so I own an 06

but the reason Redfire is so popular is because it is the most popular. It is the best color. Of course, my Mustang is Redfire.

:eyebulge:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts