Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the last two days i have started my 05 gt and i get moving then it dies. I try turning it on and it doesnt start. You can hear it turn over but it doesnt actually start. Then usually after a couple tries and a rev it starts up. What is the problem. Sometimes i haev experience a low spark when it is raining out and it has been really raining the last two days,

·
Registered
277 Posts
my 05 GT does the same thing..only when cold (i mean below freezing cold)..if I start it and try to leave right away it'll stumble sometime to stall..if I let it idle for ten to 15 seconds it doesnt do it..mine is the same when it does stall it is a b##ch to restart, pedal to mat will start it right away when this prob occurs followed by the drk smoke cloud from the pipes from the kinda flood situation..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Me too

My 06 GT has been doing that for the last 2 days or so. I start it, start giving it a little gas while barely taking pressure off the clutch pedal, and it wants to stall.

So I quickly press the clutch all the way back in. Then it'll rev once (without any gas from me) before getting back to steady idle.

Weird.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I had similar issues before I swapped my fuel injectors. I'd recommend a can of Seafoam in the tank. You might be surprised.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.