Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my way home from school today the car ran perfect. When i got home i left the car in the driveway idling for 5 minutes and the when i came out of the house the car kinda sounded like it was stumbling or like it was misfiring. I tried to drive up the hill and it barley ran. I checked for vaccum lines but everything was good, checked the coils those were fine and there no check engine light. Im Not to sure what it is, it happened out of no where. I cleaned the MAF sensor and the IAT sensor but no change. Im gonna change the fuel filter and see what happens. If anyone else could help out that would be cool, Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
What year is the Mustang? Fuel filter is where I would go next. How much gas do you have in it? You are going about it the way I would have pretty much.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Check the COP's that could be a problem there I know you said you did but did you check for moister, anything broke, or odd looking? Did you check the plugs?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check plugs they were a little white so I cleaned them up. Every coil I unplugged while the engine was running, made a difference

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Did you check the gap? How many miles on the plugs? Why not just replace them if they look worn? Did you ever change the fuel filter out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts