Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so I fixed my ect sensor. Car was giving a code and I replaced the part. Now I noticed my car still idled unusual so I messed with the TPS sensor and the IAC sensor. And when I unplugged the IAC the rpms went up to 2000! And stayed there!? But when I performed my KOER test I got codes 172- O2 sensor lean on right side, and 136- O2 sensor lean left side and code 332- EGR valve opening not detected. Those were the only codes it gave me. If my IAC valve was bad why didn't it give me a code? Is my EGR & O2 sensor be causing this high idle? I need help guys.

·
Registered
561 Posts
i would check to see if the iac is stuck if it is it may not throw a code because the computer is reading it is closed and open when its actually hanging up.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The lean on both sides makes me think you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Your engine will lean out if it is getting air that not first measured by the MAF sensor. I.E. you have a leak in the intake manifold or something.

Whats also interesting is it seems that your EGR isn't opening, as there is a sensor on the EGR valve itself that tells the computer if the valve has been opened or not when the computer commands it to open.

The EGR is operated by a vacuum servo. So it could be entirely possible you have a break in the hose that goes to the EGR valve that is both creating a vacuum leak, leaning out your engine AND not allowing the EGR valve to operate because that vacuum isn't present at the egr solenoid.

Check that out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts