Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im posting this in 5.0 section because i think its more engine related "not computer" i have a 95 gt 5 speed with 143k ish miles on it odometer died. 4 months ago she ran strong completely stock didn't burn oil at all i was happy with her performance. recently when would i step on it the car would jerk and pop then rev n wanna run strong but then jerk n pop after a little bit of keeping th rpm's around 1500 to 2000 it would all stop but still feel really weak. well we moved and my parents new driveway killed my exhaust so i re welded it by the collectors and realised the was a crack in the exhaust where it went over the rear end so i cut it off right after the hangers in front of the axel,sense then i've also installed a cold air intake, new o'2 sensors a new screen under the pcv valve, thermostat "after she over headted a little bit. now she feels like a 4 banger in a semi truck theres no pick up at all, the jerking and popping is rare now but still happens rarely, it still doesn't burn one drop of oil at all. could this be my intake "i don't think so but mabey also when it over heated it was like 5 degrees out she over heated so i parked it let it cool drove it and let it cool untill i got home the temp guage was dead at the time so idk how bad she was but i waited like 30 min to an hour to let her cool for every 10 minutes of driving so i don't think she overheated that bad plus it doesn't burn oil. please any ideas i need to make this engine run good for awhile till school is out for abit this summer and i can finish building and doing my 351 swap which i have spend all my money i saved up from working in between classes... il take the intake off but i really don't think its that????

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
have you pulled the spark plugs out and checked them and gapped them yet? if they're good, find a timing light and set the timing (with the vacuum advance disconected) to whatever is suggested on the emissions sticker, or maybe a couple of degrees more ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i have got new autolite plugs gapped and everything i guess its time to do the timing just not advance it because well gas is expensive and i drive pretty far every day for school, sides i can always advance it when i go to the track. any other ideas?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I'd suggest checking for any codes at this point and go from there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no codes as of a week ago also i had two use 2 scanners to get it to work the first one worked on our truck but not on the stang idk i know that doesnt have anything to do with it but yea, i am about to give up and just deal with it for another 2 months by then i should have everything for my engine swap but i really wanna build this engine up for another car so id like to get it squared away before it comes out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.