Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when the car is at idle it makes a low pitched screeching noise but when i push teh clutch in it stops, and after letting the clutch out it starts again but really can only hear it when i am in first after that i belive it stops, could it be a belt?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Once the clutch is fully engaged, the release bearing is normally stationary and does not rotate with the pressure plate. Thus it's not squeaking ...time for a new one...might as well do clutch/pp while your at it...make sure you use a Ford part for the bearing

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I would think the TO bearing would squeak when its engaged
I had a 2000 GT with a similar issue. When I barely engaged the clutch it would stop. Turned out to be the throw out bearing.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
my guess would be the throwout bearing.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
dude, i was just about to start my own thread about this again, but since you made one i'll just add some of my 2 cents about my car... hope you don't mind.

yeah i have the same problem too. i also have an adjustable cable, quadrant, and adjuster. i've let all the slack i can out of the cable (screwing the adjuster in) and it does not catch onto gear well at all, its pretty chattery. when i start tightening the cable (unscrewing the adjuster) it takes like 4 or 5 clicks to hear it squeaking again. is there something i'm doing wrong here? with the adjuster? i tried putting the stock cable back in and it doesn't even fit....... which is really annoying.

do i need a TOB too? if so, how much is it for labor to install a TOB?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.