Ford Mustang Forum banner

Car not even after lowering?

3K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  RacingRedGT 
#1 ·
I just dropped the car yesterday with Eibach Prokits, the $125 ebay one that theres a thread about.

Anyways I was a total dork and didnt take pre-drop measurements. But after dropping Im getting different measurements on each side. These are from the ground to the highest fender point.

Dr. Front 28" Pass. Front 28.25"
Dr. Rear 29" Pass. Rear 28.5"

Im 99% sure everything is installed right. Rear was simple. The first strut was the only slow point. I used the spring compressor method.

I wonder if my driveway is causing it. Could be that they just need to settle a little more. Next time Im out and about I will find a nice new parking lot and take some more measurements.

#2 ·
Make sure you are on a level surface, like the garage floor.
Then measure from the bottom of the fender to either the top or bottom lip of the wheel.

#4 ·
I think the top or bottom of the wheel is more accurate because it is a nice distinct line.
The bottom will be more consistent because you can make sure the tape is passing through the center of the wheel.

#9 ·
Gas stations generally have very level concrete around the pumps. A wile back I set ALL the suspension criteria at the gas stations' driveway. Car came out perfect. It was just a '58 VW Bug, but WOW this thing handles better than an early 911. The '58 was my first car and I still have it.

#11 ·
Update. At work I measured from the bottom of the rim to the top of the wheel well/fender. It was 25" all around. Give or take a 1/8". Much, Much better measurements. My driveway is either lopsided or the car just needed some more time to level out. I was getting worried that I was going to have to lower the back axle again to check the springs since my highest measurement was at the rear. Guess it would be better than those damn struts.

#13 ·
Yeah I installed the panhard at the same time. As soon as I took the car off the stands/jacks, I pushed up and down on the front and rearend of the car. Then adjusted the panhard.

#14 ·
I was going to suggest having your girlfriend ride on the high side! :gringreen

Just kiddin', sounds like you got it worked out. NICE RIDE, MAN!!!

#15 ·
I would have to O.K. that with the wife.

#25 ·
J&M Adjustable one from American Muscle (the black one).

And I tightened it while everything was off. I adjusted it once it was back on the ground, then locked it in place with the two side washers.

2012 Struts are not the same as in the pictures from all the writeups. Our strut mounts are recessed on the top and you cannot hold the strut top with a 10mm wrench thats suggested. You have to take a screw driver and stick it through the top down. Once you are looking at you will understand. Just break it loose then remove the screw driver.

#30 ·
Ill try that method next time. And I agree that spring compressors suck monkey balls. I thought my forearms were going to give out on the second strut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.