Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 V6 Mustang..I recently have been having an intermittent problem with my car not starting until I hold or push the lever all the way into Park, or sometimes it will start in Neutral. Is there a linkage problem here, like not engaging all the way. After I drove it over the weekend it seem to be getting worst after long drive time. Thank you for any direction or help.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm sorry to see no one is even willing to guess on this problem. It may be better that way, though: seems as if the dealers would be most likely to have the kind of experience that would supply a solution.

There may be some connection with the hand-brake mechanism. I had a Toyota that wouldn't release the brake easily, and the dealer knew to adjust the automatic shift lever mechanism to relieve pressure and solve the problem.

Sorry again about the guess.

Good luck.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Here's a PDF file from the shop manual on adjusting the shift cable, you can give it a try and see if this corrects your problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2005 Not Starting

Thank you for your information on the transmission selector cable...but after thinking about it and doing a little more research I think my problem is the battery on my keyfob on for my tracker. I have never replaced this battery and after testing it, it appears the battery needs to be replaced. But when it wouldn't start and I guess I paniced and starting pushing and moving things around in the car, and t it was just a coincendent that it would start after I would move the car into gear. So I replaced the battery and it seems to have corrected the problem..should it happen again then I will look into your remedy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts