Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my 2000 Mustang GT. Monday I was coming home from school and a hose came off my engine. I'm not sure the technical words for it but it's on the back passenger side of my engine next to the last sparkplug coil thing (says motorcraft on the top of it). Well, when the hose came off, engine coolent went everywhere under the hood. I got home, like two minutes after it happened and tightened the clamp and put more coolent in, since it was empty after that. I let the car set for about thirteen hours and then I went and hosed off the engine. I'm not sure if that was a bad idea or not, but tuesday night I started the car up and drove it a little bit and it is very luggish, and shakes from the lugging. It takes for ever to gain speed too. I'm not sure if it is missing when it fires, or if I got water in something. I tried to avoid spraying by my air filter, not sure if I got anything in my throttle body or not. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Check your plugs and wires. They could have gotten wet. That could cause some problems. Since that hose came off I would check to see if all are secured.
As for the hose, it sounds like the coolant line to the heater core.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
those hoses are know to be weak not a bad idea to replace them. its probably running rough due to everything being wet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.