Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend i entered my roush rtc and if i wasnt accused of ruining a roush by making it two-tone, i was accused of making a fake roush.. even though it is covered with roush's name everywhere and even the engine bay dash plaque stating its a roush rtc #21 of 200.. what ways could i show people that its a real roush so they could stop asking stupid questions like why are there shelby wheeels on a roush? they wheels say roush on the and poeple ask why they are shelby wheels..

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
dude, i had the same kind of idiots making fun of a guy in my club for having a V6. People are stupid and moronic. You have a sweet mustang and i love it:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
no kiddin man...your stang is the definition of BA. google it haha

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you want to meet some of the most ignorant people go to a car show, the ones that talk the loudest and the know it alls are the best you just have to play along with them. Best was when a guy asked if he could ride on the running boards of my street rod and act like he had a tommy gun lol. yeah and yes i made the wood bed on my 37 thats why it has the ford scrip embossed into it. If you really care what joe public thinks about your car get some cry babies and some of the fake dog doo to put out next time you show your car. You mod your car for yourself not so some person twenty years from now can make sure every chalk mark and such is in the right spot. i plan on keeping my mustang for a long time and i'm going to make it fit me. we drove my 37 home on the flathead and next day we had it in pieces welding in the mustang II front end lol.

oh yeah after 22 years of teaching figured out you cant fix stupid

M

·
0 Posts
A copy of the window sticker would be cool. :bigthumbsup

But like the others say - to each his own... as long as you like it, that's all that matters :happydance:

·
Registered
767 Posts
I think the paint job makes it unique. Who cares what people say. :)
Unique as in like every Camaro Rally Sport that was made in the 70s and 80s?:happyhapp

To the OP, with as many people as there are that put every fake badge and body part on their car that they can find then want to call it a "tribute", I really don't find it all that surprising for someone to question a car that does not look like a "X" car looked when it rolled off the showroom. And it being a "Roush" car show, they probably expect to see "Roush" production looking vehicles. Not Roush cars with a non standard paint job and aftermarket Roush wheels.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've checked out your pics numerous times, considering going with that (or a gunmetal color on top) scheme myself. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
505 Posts
Last weekend i entered my roush rtc and if i wasnt accused of ruining a roush by making it two-tone, i was accused of making a fake roush.. even though it is covered with roush's name everywhere and even the engine bay dash plaque stating its a roush rtc #21 of 200.. what ways could i show people that its a real roush so they could stop asking stupid questions like why are there shelby wheeels on a roush? they wheels say roush on the and poeple ask why they are shelby wheels..

Who cares man? Your car is sweet looking!:bigthumbsup

Jealousy has a funny way with people.:headscratch:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
It sounds like people are out to feed there egoes . I am going to my first this week end. I hope it is not like that Geez what a bummer. I am sorry to hear that you went through this crap, your car looks killer, SO F*** em!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Your car looks awesome, From your pictures it is one of the nicer looking Stangs out there, so who cares what they say. Like other people said, some of the dumbest people are a these shows. I've gone to a few where people tell me "Sick Shelby" My car has not one Shelby part on it and does not say Shelby anywhere, I just smile and say thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Another thing you can do is create a display board which tells the story and shows that your car is a real Roush.

I looked at the RTC's but couldn't afford one. In my opinion, it's one of the best looking Roush cars out there!! I love that paint scheme.

Don't let it get you down. I was at one on Saturday and overheard just about everything you can imagine about why 427 is on the fender. I'm tired of telling people that the motor is not a 427 and I'm not pretending that it is. I am going to create a display board and it that doesn't do the trick, screw 'em!!

Ron..

·
Registered
389 Posts
Pardon me for being blunt, but my advice is to stop worrying what people think about your car and just do what you like. If they want to think it is fake, let them think it. You know the truth and that is all that matters.

Also, in regards to your wheels, I always shut people up who ask stupid questions by giving them stupid answers. For example:

Q: Why are there Shelby wheels on your Roush?
A: What?!? You mean to tell me those are Shelby wheels? I just got those wheels off this siiiiiiick ricer Civic that was wrecked! I can't believe this! I just can't believe it! I'm taking these crappy things back and getting myself some real Civic wheels! (Look right at them and roll your eyes.)

That should shut them up. :D

Edit: Unfortunately, you'll have to learn to deal with these types of things at car shows. :so

·
Registered
573 Posts
I get the same kind of questions. Had one judge ask me if my car was really a Foose. Had a spectator ask me if it was a new Camaro.... LOL.

By the way, I like your color scheme! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Most people are not that familiar with the Roush cars, since there are not that many of each model/stage being built. Sometimes we have to educate those who don't know. The other problems Roush Owners face are the "clones". Not so much someone adding Roush parts to their car, but those who do so and then call it a ROUSH. Once again we have to educate and those who know can identify a real Roush from a clone very quickly.

Hold your head high and just remember, we're out there to educate.:bigthumbsup

This might help.
http://blog.roushperformance.com/blog/2008/07/how-to-spot-an-authentic-roush-vehicle.html

·
Registered
140 Posts
Car Show Problems

Here we go again.....I guess I will never understand why people just don't understand that we can modify our cars anyway we choose. If we change just one thing on our cars, we have committed some sort of deadly act or have offended Jack Roush or Carroll Shelby, the Mustang gods and now we must suffer their wrath. :shigrin I love modifying my car to suit my taste. Plus I can't afford a real Shelby or a real Roush Mustang. And I have a problem paying these two gentlemen for the privilege of saying "I have a Roush or a Shelby". I bet these gentlemen are pretty well off, financially:shiny:.

So if I have offended anyone out there when I lowered my Mustang GT like the Shelby, installed Shelby headrest covers and armrest covers, placed Shelby badges on the rear deck lid and fenders and placed the Shelby GT rocker panel stripe as well as the Lemans stripe(silver) just like the real Shelby GT and installed the Shelby GT 500 wing, installed the Ford Racing Cold Air kit with the computer recalibration, installed the Shelby shock tower brace bar, placed the Stillen front spoiler up front and installed the Eleanor grille with the center fog lights....from the very bottom of my heart........I DON'T GIVE A ...............:nono: And if I had a Roush or a Shelby, you can bet your bottom dollar....I would modify it to suit my taste:hihi:

U

·
0 Posts
Happy Gilmore said it best... "Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a $#!+?"

Your car is awesome man, don't worry what other people say or think. As long as you like it, that is all that matters. If you want, print up the documentation and facts on your car and display it with your vehicle. When people ask you ignorant questions, you can simply point to some literature. This will likely save you time and frustration, and will allow you to communicate with the people who are truly interested in your car and can appreciate it for what it is.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts