Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey....Well, I've been having a problem. I was driving my car for about 20 minutes and it stalled out. First, the rpms stutter like I'm not pushing the gas, then after a second or two, itll die and won't start up. It cranks VERY healthy, but won't start. After a full day of sitting, it'll start up fine and the problem will repeat after 20 minutes of driving.

At first we thought it was the Crank Sensor because it gave a bad signal. Changed it, its giving good signal now, but still the same problem. I have no CELESTE. Idk what this could be.....Did I miss something in my swap? Thinking over and over, I can't see how
Any ideas?

Do you think it could be in my tune? I got a custom tune from VMP....

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Are you sure there aren't any vacuum leaks?

If you hold the throttle half way open, does this improve re-starting?

If you cycle the key on/pause/off several times, confirm that you HEAR the fuel pump running. Does this improve starting?

What is the coolant temperature/CHT temperature when it stalls? Input air temperature (IAT)?

What did you do about the CKP sensor? 2 or 3 wire?

Confirm that you can see an RPM signal during cranking through the ODB2 monitor.

What did you do to bleed the air from the cooling system?

What is the fuel pressure as reported by the PCM at idle and under load? After it stalls?

Monitor the air flow (MAF) while driving. I'm interested in seeing if it drops out when this problem starts.

Also be nice to know the Long term fuel trim (LTFT) values at idle and under load.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel pump is definitely working, I thought of that already. I can hear it prep everytime. Definitely no vac leaks.

Temp, I can't be sure of because I didn't install the dash temp sensor, only the ecu for the time being. I'm wondering if the temp sensor is not getting signal to the ecu, though. Could this cause this problem?

Crank sensor is new, it works fine.

I'll get back to you about the rest later....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts