Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to go to work today and my car doesnt start. When i turn it on to the on position everything thing is fine the dash lights up and everythign works. I have a push botton start and when i went to start my car i got this weird clicking noise and no turn over from the engine. Also the lights inside flicker and then the radio and clock are reset as if i disconnected the batterie.

Right now me and my friend are thinking its either the starter or the wireing from my push botton.

any advise or help?

·
Registered
335 Posts
How long since you'd driven it last?

Edit- my car did the same last week and it turned out the battery discharged while sitting for about a week. I jumped it with the truck and charged up and so far so good.

Reading forums, it seems our cars like to drain batteries, especially the Shaker stereos.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Loosen, clean, wiggle and re-tighten the battery connections.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Battery is dead. :bigthumbsup

You could have a bad battery, also this could just be a symtom of a bad alternator.It could also be an indicator that you have a battery drain as said above.

·
Registered
531 Posts
is the car throwing a code? try resetting the fuel. there is a red button by your left foot

·
Registered
56 Posts
+1 for battery especially if it has the original battery

·
Registered
150 Posts
same exact thing happened to me when i left my car at work for 8 hours. it was the battery i just had a friend jump me and i replaced it. not a single problem since

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replys im pretty sure its the batterie now. I went a fooled around with it for a but then it finally turned over. I had been gone for a month prior and just got home on saturday. Ive driven it everyday since being back and it just started today. So ill go get a new batterie tomorrow and hopefully that should fix it

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I'll add more to the fire...battery. Same thing happened to me last year. Ifrreaked though cuz of my SC. Thought something was wrong with the engine. But if it's not turning over and you just hear a clicking, it's most likely the battery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts