Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a 4.6 DOHC which I will then have stroked to 5.0, or i'll just pick up a cammer block; throwing it all together and going to put a carb and then a paxton on it. Have a thing with old meets new technology. Anyhow, anyone here know of a good source for these parts, a good intake that will work for low to mid RPMs, and anything else needed. New to the mod motor and want to do it right. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Just chiming in

I'll chime in here until the restomod types bring you the goods. I helped a friend install a 2 valve 4.6 in a 88 lx, and he elected to go with a carb. We made an adapter spacer out of 1/2" aluminum plate and she ran fine after we sorted out the really nasty wiring issues with the original harness that we ran into (luckily, my buddy is an electrician by trade, so that is his area!). Between the adapter plate and the huge air filter, it was lucky the car already had a cowl hood - I suspect the oe item would have been a fit problem. Last time I saw the car, it needed some attention to the problem with accessing enough vacuum to work the brakes properly. I think the old brake booster is the real culprit, but my friend will find his own path...

With a cobra motor, are you looking to swap in the 6 speed as well?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will drop in the T-56 if I find a great condition used one, or just go with a TKO 600. Best pic of the hood I want is here.......... shouldn't have clearence issues. By the way I guess i'm in luck, I am an electrian by trade just not on cars, on F-15's. just what my car needs a jet engine

Attachments

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meat,
unfortuneatly I don't have a digi pic of my car. Like I said , just a primer grey fastback with no engine, tranny, or hood. Which needs body work. I have a hellova lot of plans though. Just need the money and time. mainly the money.

Anybody else have info on the carbed DOHC?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.